Polar Pro Red Filter vs UR/PRO Analysis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

----------

Onto the real issues: crossfire I believe at 3:59 of your reef1.mp4 you see a clear example of what NOT TO DO with a filter that is shooting the sunball. this is exactly what you do, the gopro goes crazy a little bit and then resume

When you use a filter you never point up always horizontal or downwards, the light should be be behind you not in front as that sends the camera nuts

The fact you have a gopro does not defeat all rules of photo or video the gopro has fixed aperture does not like to be suddenly shot in the lens with direct light

If this is the reason you are blaming the polarpro I have to say you will be equally disappointed with any filter you buy

It is always the fault of the equipment??? Not really

Ill take any and all advice, my ultimate goal is to get better footage.....I'm far from a pro, but Im working on it..:)

Thanks to those who have contributed so far....

Yeah, Ill be in Cozumel April 12-through the 20th....will get some more video and try not to look at the sun too much..:)

Thanks

Yeah, Ill be in Cozumel April 12-through the 20th....will get some more video and try not to look at the sun too much..:)

Thanks
How are you holding your camera? Do you have a tray?

That piece of kit is better suited to be planted in the ground
If you want to make an improvement you need a double handle tray as the gopro has no image stabiliser and it is very small so needs some stability. Make sure the handles are rubberised and offer a good grip
The double handle tray will help your position in water as well and discourage pointing upwards
Do you have the LCD backpack?

That piece of kit is better suited to be planted in the ground
If you want to make an improvement you need a double handle tray as the gopro has no image stabiliser and it is very small so needs some stability. Make sure the handles are rubberised and offer a good grip
The double handle tray will help your position in water as well and discourage pointing upwards
Do you have the LCD backpack?

I do have the LCD backpack but found it pretty useless underwater....I was not able to see it clearly enough to make use of it..maybe in a different environment, but in the Caribbean, it seems as if the sunlight washes out the display even at depth....so I found myself just using the battery backpack instead...it seemed more useful for me
Ill look into a different holder, do you have any recommendations?

Yes
one of those
ULCS Double Tray for GoPro HERO [ulc.tr.gpd] - $28.95 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
And two of those
ULCS Padded Handle [ulc.tr.dh] - $29.95 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
There is no picture but is the blue handle without the ball, as you won't attach clamps
Total $88.95
I guess you have a tripod mount otherwise you will need that too
There is a version of the tray with a single handle I would not recommend that as you want your hands not to touch the go pro

Thanks.....ordering those right now...:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom