poll -how many divers collect game ?

Do you collect game?

• Never-I'm happy interacting with the fish!

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • Sometimes-but only what I can eat

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • As much as possible

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • I enjoy killing marine life

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy once bubbled...

Have you ever seen or had a lobster before?
=================================
erm you have already asked that question to which I answered !

Are you a vegetarian?
I would say the answer to that is pretty obvious !
Is there a reason why you feel the need to impose your beliefs on others?
yes because I am very opinionated when it comes to welfare of other living organisms, and I believe we should live in harmony with our fellow creatures rather than taking advantage of the situation!

SOUTH DEVON once bubbled...

Yes but it's not survival is it ! That's my whole point , humans don't need to eat meat to survive , they only eat it because it takes nice !!!!!!! Vegetarianism is a healthier option !

BS. We have incisors for a reason. We arn't carnivores, but we aren't herbivores either. You can survive as a carnivore, but it's extremely difficult. Likewise you can survive as a herbivore, but it's _extremely_ difficult. My ex had to start eating some fish to keep her protein intake somewhat safe, and is constantly fighting anemia.

The fact of the matter is you can go ahead and live your life however the hell you want to live. But as soon as you start preaching to me, and even more luring us in to a discussion on it, I'm going to get offended.

At least my ex had the common sense to have reasonable reasons for being a vegitarian [antibiotics et. al.], and did it for herself. She could care less what you did with your own body.

Take a note. Live the way you want to live... but don't try to preach to others, expecially when you have no facts to back yourself up.

You started your thread and ran your poll.

You've gotten your answer. You've been on the board for what, two months now? In that time you've made a name for yourself as a marine life rights crusader, whining about your club and the spearfishers in it and now getting breathless over lobster.

Did you come to ScubaBoard specifically to raise hell over this one issue? Can you think of any other issue in the field of diving that you might find even remotely interesting to discuss?

So far you win the 'Oh Please Post of the Week Award'. Go commit mayhem with some Broccoli or something.

There's an option missing in the poll...

"I wish I was closer to the ocean so I could catch and eat marine life for dinner while I dove"

chickdiver once bubbled...
I just adore anti- meat crusaders....

Vegetarianism is a healthier option. Prove it to me. Yes, there are many options for obtaining high quality protien int he plat world. However, they are incomplete protiens, and you have to comsume from mulitple sources to obtain complete protiens, which are readily available from meat. Eating a well balanced, healthy vegetarian diet is much more complex than doing so with one that contains meat products- this is why many many vegetarians have trouble maintaining a healthy weight and lack lean muscle mass.

Don't criticize the way I eat and I wont criticize the way you do.

It has been proven that vegetarians are less likely to get cancer, bowel cancer in particular! If you search the Internet you will find this information !
I have been a vegetarian for about 8 years now , and have never had trouble maintaining a healthy weight or muscles, in fact I bodybuilder in the gym 3 times a week , and I have heard of champion bodybuilders that are vegetarians!
I don't know where you are getting your information from but you are very ill informed !

It has been proven that vegetarians are less likely to get cancer, bowel cancer in particular!

Prove to me that's related to the actual eating of meat, and not the results of the meat farming industry. I'd love to see your references with those that only eat free range meat.

you're merely lost.

Dude, this is a board to discuss scuba diving.

You want the the board where narrowly-focused body builders earnestly debate vegetables while working out in the gym.

Its a few doors down the hall.

Be careful that the door doesn't hit you in the butt on your way out.

Bye.

Enough with the name calling, Devon
If you want to argue carcinogens, diet and invertebrate nervous systems, feel free to PM me (I am a toxicologist, chemist and aquatic invert bio geek and I don't want to put everyone reading this thread off their dinners tonight - especially those opting for broccoli :D ). Calling people "ill informed" simply because they don't agree with you is just plain bad manners.

You want a fight with real science? Bring it on. :devious:

, and I have heard of champion bodybuilders that are vegetarians!
And how many protein shakes to they guzzle????

I know many racing champions and dart champions who are meat eaters!!!

Back
Top Bottom