Poll on the Carribean

Which diving destination would you suggest?

• Roatan -- Anthony's Key or Coco

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Little Caymen Beach Resort

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Turks and Caicos -- resort suggestions?

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Walker's Key in the Bahamas

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Belize

Votes: 18 15.4%
  • Bonaire

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • Other Bahama site

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would highly rec Southern Cross Club on Little Cayman (http://southerncrossclub.com). Seems like it would fit all your needs and was a great time. The diving and staff were great! The food was good (not fancy but plenty to eat) and the night-life consisted of night diving or hanging around their small bar or keeping yourself busy (I was on my honeymoon...). Would go back for sure.

Rich

We just got back a week ago from two weeks in the Caymans .......Very nice!!! The water was 84 degrees. Weather was great.

I cannot say enough great things about the Brac Reef Resort. We would go back in a minute. The Staff was friendly & helpful and very accomodating. The diving was varied and great. It didn't feel crowded. (40 rooms I think) VERY relaxing.....

We spent the 2nd week on Grand Cayman. I would stay at Cobalt Coast if I had to do it again. A bit out of town and nice. The East end is a bit too far out for me.

We have been all over the Carribean and to Tahiti as well. I have to say this was our favorite so far.

Of the choices listed, I chose Bonaire. I would have picked Little Cayman, but the resort listed was the LCBR.

The LCBR is a nice place (been there), but IMO, its overpriced, and I am underwhelmed with the Reef Divers' diveboats: the Pro42 jetboats are a wet ride, and the Newtons are roomy enough so that it doesn't feel like a cattleboat, but when they dump their load at a mooring, its instant underwater "rush hour" crowd.

For my next visit to LC, I'd probably stay at one of the camps (Pirate's Point, Southern Cross or Sam McCoy's...I've heard good things from friends about all three), partly because I think they're better values. The only place more expensive on LC than LCBR is, IIRC, their Condo affiliate, Neptune's Berth.

-hh

How about Utila in the Honduras Bay Islands. Take a look at the Utila Dive Lodge, its absolutely beautiful, includes three dives and three meals a day and the diving is absolutely awesome. Think about it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom