Ponce de Leon Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Tom, Rick, I'm gonna miss you guys again. I'll be camping off an island(or two) off Perdido River this weekend. Sounds like you guys will have your hands full anyway, have fun! :D
By the way... while you're up there, (assuming you have the Jellyfish along) poke around over at Grassy Point and see if you can find any kind of opening to the spring there. I know there's a spring in there somewhere, but all I've ever been able to find seems like it's just coming up through some sandy areas.
Rick

Damn Rick, you just opened up a can of worms :)

I'm going to be milling around the area everytime I'm over there now... I do the same at Magnolia River and still haven't found a spring opening - arg! :D

Rick Murchison:
By the way... while you're up there, (assuming you have the Jellyfish along) poke around over at Grassy Point and see if you can find any kind of opening to the spring there. I know there's a spring in there somewhere, but all I've ever been able to find seems like it's just coming up through some sandy areas.
Rick

Rick-
Most likely any spring int hat area is artesian in nature (which would match your description). Once you get west of Crestview (and more realistically DeFuniak Springs) the topography changes, you stop seeing those low, rolling hills we see throughout the central part of Florida- which are really ancient limestone reef ridges. The aquifer moves much deeper in extreme NW FL. Now... if you want to talk about some likely sites I have seen in S AL and S GA.....

H

chickdiver:
Now... if you want to talk about some likely sites I have seen in S AL and S GA.....

Willing to share that info? I'm fairly sure there are atleast some vents feeding into Magnolia Rvr, but I can't find the head springs... Even my little boat won't go all the way up the river because it narrows to the size of a ditch a few miles up. :shakehead I'm starting to think I should tie off and just start hiking, just didn't have time last I attempted it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom