Pony Attachment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UaVaj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am looking to get a 19cf pony.

What is the best attachment.

I need it to be sturdy.
I need it to be low profile.
I need it to be easy on easy off mounting.

I want it to be mounted onto BC tank strap.
I want it to be a soft mount. (be able to give it to a buddy it when necessary)

Please list all available makes/models.

How are you going to remove a tank from behind you and hand it off to a buddy?

How are you going to remove a tank from behind you and hand it off to a buddy?

the pony attachment should have some of quick disconnect mechanism.

I am looking to get a 19cf pony.

What is the best attachment.

I need it to be sturdy.
I need it to be low profile.
I need it to be easy on easy off mounting.

I want it to be mounted onto BC tank strap.
I want it to be a soft mount. (be able to give it to a buddy it when necessary)

Please list all available makes/models.

There's this new thing on the internet called google. You should try it. "tank mounted pony bracket" lists 53,100 sites.

the pony attachment should have some of quick disconnect mechanism.

Once you remove it from the tank how will you replace it? Or will you just carry it along in your hand for the rest of the dive.

A quick disconnect tank mount sounds nice but it always assumes you will not have to remount it during the dive.

Why limit yourself to tank mounting?
Becuase I want it out of the way. I like my arm and hands to be free. Only time I want to see the pony is when I need to use it.

There's this new thing on the internet called google. You should try it.
I like to hear real world experience - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Not, who can sell me one.

Once you remove it from the tank how will you replace it? Or will you just carry it along in your hand for the rest of the dive. A quick disconnect tank mount sounds nice but it always assumes you will not have to remount it during the dive.
If for whatever reason I have to remove the pony from my back (under depth). The dive is OVER! Next stop is the surface. So there is NO need to remount it. Only reason for removal at depth is to hand it off to a buddy.

You don't want the best way to carry a pony. So it really does not matter which of the many other options you choose. You will eventually discover the error and correct it.

You don't want the best way to carry a pony. So it really does not matter which of the many other options you choose. You will eventually discover the error and correct it.

You are not refering to carrying it underarm, are you?

I used the zeagle pony straps for a few years with an Al30. It worked great. Never could understand why someone would hand off a pony to a panicked out of a air diver. So I wouldn't be to concerned about that. The zeagle straps make it easy to switch tanks. I had a separate air gauge for it and my octo on a standard length octo hose.
I had to switch to slinging it because the whole rig was just getting to heavy. To be honest I like it very much. Hardly notice it, and the only thing I see is the first stage, the rest floats up and out the back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom