Pool depth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks:
I heard another clause was that it was supposed to be lacking in current and such.

Yes, that's pretty much a given.

I have heard of a group around WPB that puts out some kind of trampoline floating behind their boat and does the confined stuff out in the OW over a 60ft deep reef that they are drifting along, the trampoline keeps the students pretty shallow though.

???? That certainly sounds like a lot of time, trouble & effort to go to rather than rent a pool. Frankly, there are too many variables to control for it truly to be "confined water". Whatever agency they're with, I don't think they'd take too kindly to this "un"confined water training.

RP Diver:
How would you really be able to do bouyancy exercises or OOA ascent? Or 5 point descent? I'd love to see the typical OW novice trying to hover in 4' of water. Most struggle with 12'.

I don't see any way that a 4' deep pool prepares you properly for the certification dives. :11:

My thoughts exactly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom