Pool Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolute

Reaction score
I live in Colorado so during the summer I dive in lakes. I try to go to Mexico to dive at least twice a year. Well here is my question. During the winter I go to my lds once a week to work on my skills. I am just wondering what is the deepest pools for divers do you have in your areas? The pool at my lds is only 12 feet. Has anyone like myself wondered about a pool that is maybe 20 feet deep? I think I like diving to much since I am looking for deeper pools.

We have a 15ft here...owned and operated by the University. However, you can't get access to it unless you know someone who works there.

dive tank about an hour from my house. There's reputed to be a 20 meter deep tank in Belgium, but not sure if it's in Antwerp or Brussels. I've alse heard there's a new tank outside Paris that's 30 meters (100ft) deep. The one near me is part of a large entertainment complex with a bowling alley, cinema, restaraunt and so on.

Phil

Well this is the deepest pool in America.The NBL, as it's called, is a huge pool filled with 22.7 million liters (6.2 million gallons) of water. In fact, it's the world's largest indoor pool -- 62 meters (202 feet) long, 31 meters (102 feet) wide and 12 meters (40 feet) deep. At the bottom of the NBL sits a model of the International Space Station, which is the same size as the one orbiting the Earth -- that's why the NBL needs to be so big. There is also a model of the space shuttle's payload bay. I am not an astronaunt so it looks like I am out of luck. Bummer.

Absolute once bubbled...
100 ft in paris. WOW. Imagine how much training you could get.

Yeah, that would be cool. If I had unlimited funds, that's the first thing I would build.

We've got the deepest one in the world here in the UK, check it out here .SETT . It gets boring after a couple of dives, although they do give you the option of diving it with the lights off. And I suppose a deco dive in a swimming pool would be a novelty.

man that looks wicked ....but a submarine escape at 30m..wtf
that would be like doing a cesa at 30m

to scary for me.....but that pool was very cool=-)

lordoftheOrings once bubbled...
man that looks wicked ....but a submarine escape at 30m..wtf
that would be like doing a cesa at 30m
to scary for me.....but that pool was very cool=-)

The submariners wear a sort of all in one drysuit / hood that inflates and shoots them to the surface.:wacko:
Not great but better than the option of drowning I suppose.
There is a little hatch at the bottom of the tank that they come out of when they are training, it does sound a bit like a 30m CESA, scary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom