port charlotte vs fort myers for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

misdmnr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Moving to FL, working in Punta Gorda...wondering if diving is better in port charlotte/punta gorda area or Fort myers? Thanks in advance!

Depends on how you want to dive. Shore diving is pretty nonexistent in Ft. Myers & very limited in Charlotte County as well. Venice is great for shore dives when viz is decent. There are artificial reefs, natural ledges & shark teeth to hunt. Venice is about a 45 minute drive for me & I'm in northern Pt. Charlotte. We also have charters that will take you to gulf sites such as the Palm Island Ferry, The Bayronto & The Mohawk. In all fairness the Mohawk is closer to Ft Myers but I am not familiar with the charters down there. I'm sure others will jump in to comment on them.

Jim at Fantasea Scuba in South Port Charlotte is a fantastic resource. He routinely runs charters all over the area, and if you plan on diving in that neck of the woods, I highly recommend you drop in and get acquainted.

Jim at Fantasea Scuba in South Port Charlotte is a fantastic resource. He routinely runs charters all over the area, and if you plan on diving in that neck of the woods, I highly recommend you drop in and get acquainted.

Yep:D

Not true! I shore dive charlotte county all the time. lol those are working dives, though... most people like to see past the inside of their mask when they dive.

dkramer was spot on

Thanks guys! Which city has a better atmosphere for singles in their early 40's... I like music concerts, diving of course, festivals, performing arts etc... Not a total party atmosphere or a lights out at 9 pm atmosphere either. Thanks in adv

Hahahahahahaha!!!!! Port Charlotte is hip, but Punta Gorda is full of mean, old people (they are mean because they hurt all the time, being old). Fort Myers is very blue collar, very much a shipyard/fishing/working town. Naples is hipper, but relatively wealthy. Pine Island is nice, but quiet.

Sorry for being a little late to this thread. My name is Capt. Steve. I run charter out to the USS Mohawk and other sites in the Gulf. We leave from Pineland Marina on Pine Island but we can always pick divers up from Boca Grand if they are coming from the north. We'll go out with 2-4 divers and if you're solo we can always hook you up with a buddy. Check out our website for site info on local dive sites
www. islandcoastexcursions.com

Hahahahahahaha!!!!! Port Charlotte is hip, but Punta Gorda is full of mean, old people (they are mean because they hurt all the time, being old). Fort Myers is very blue collar, very much a shipyard/fishing/working town. Naples is hipper, but relatively wealthy. Pine Island is nice, but quiet.

Yeah? Hey, buddy up yours :wink:. We Punta Gordians are the nicest people ever so piss off!

And who's old?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom