Port Douglas Recs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My partner and I will be visiting Port Douglas in Jan and we’re looking for any possible recommendations on who to book with. I know Cairns is more popular to launch from and we will have a car so we could go from there, but we’re hoping to do smaller crowds/less trafficked areas if possible. Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated.

If you mean smaller crowds for scuba diving, I highly recommend Mike Ball Dive Expeditions out of Cairns, doing an expedition of a few nights on the liveaboard Spoilsport. Excellent care was taken by all of the staff, there's a range of cabins to suit people's differing budgets, the food was great and the diving on the Coral Sea reefs was brilliant.

As a local I can say there isn't a lot if options from Port itself. Assuming you are after a day trip, then Silversonic is really the best choice. Fast and reasonable lower numbers visits the southern Ribbon Reef area like Agincourt

Mike Ball and Spirit are Cairns based like all of the overnight trips.

Did you want overnight trip?

Silver Series

Only dive the outer reef while at GBR.

Back
Top Bottom