portable storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30:
Scubaluke, thanks for the update on download speed of the iPOD. Unfortunately that is a bit too slow, at least for me since I usually use 4 GB card as my D2X RAW file is about 20 mb a picture so I definitely neesds something a bit faster than that for downloading :)
It surprised me how slow it was to write to the iPod too. I was only planning on using the iPod in cases where I don't really have the space for the laptop (or don't feel like carrying the thing through a series of airports).

And it will probably work OK for that since I'm using a D100. The raw file sizes I see are around 4MB-5MB - quite a bit smaller than the D2X (for which I have great lust in my heart).

I did wise up and order a USB 2.0 card reader for the PC and laptop though.
Luke

We use 2.5 inch 120gig laptop disks in an external casing. There are better options such as external disks with built in card readers. However, we were able to get the hard disks for much less than retail so it was the much cheaper option. My husband and I both have ipods and only use it as a backup to the external hard drive. For one, the external disks hold a lot more for a fraction of the price. Two, they actually can draw power from the usb port of my thinkpad and my ipod doesn't. Third, they are much smaller in size compared to the ipods. Lastly, my ipod is a third generation ipod with the 4 hour battery ssra30 mentioned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom