Portland Quarry & Other New England Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSarus:
Aren't there 2 foot paths on either side of the gate which is about 50 ft from the ramp leading into the water.
yes there is 2' path around the gate so if you really wated to dive the quarry you could and if you got stoped you might get a ticket for trespassing but more than likely they would tell you not to do it a again and slap youre hand ( bad boy) the ticket would be around $50 to $60

Not that I plan on diving there. Shouldnt there be signs posted then as my original message was trying to point out. There are none and I have talked to people who have dove there without permission and with no hassel. Its freely open to kayackers is what I also understand. I don't condone people showing up and diving without notifying the town.

ScubaSarus:
Not that I plan on diving there. Shouldnt there be signs posted then as my original message was trying to point out. There are none and I have talked to people who have dove there without permission and with no hassel. Its freely open to kayackers is what I also understand. I don't condone people showing up and diving without notifying the town.
well i would not recommend any body diving there right know after the press release today about opening it as a diving park, if anybody got hurt in the quarry it would put alot of fear in the town, it's bad enough they might have a parking / traffic problem that the residents might complaine about, not much space, people tear down the posted sings all the time.

Back
Top Bottom