Portland Quarry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic001918

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm just curious as to what the latest news is on the Portland Quarry. It seems to be a topic that fell away after the town approved it. When is it going to be open for some regular diving? And new progress with it?
Shane

It won't be open 'full time' until next spring. I PM'd Frank about it a while ago, and he indicated they're working out some contracts for the park, presumably along the lines of cleanup and safety. No other details, though.

ehfireems:
Hey everyone,
I'm just curious as to what the latest news is on the Portland Quarry. It seems to be a topic that fell away after the town approved it. When is it going to be open for some regular diving? And new progress with it?
Shane

Chek this post.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1269638#post1269638

Brown Stone Exploration And Discovery Open Dive Sept 25 Suday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please join us this Sunday From 8am To 4pm. All divers and there friends and Family welcome. We will be having food cooked all day so bring a dish of something. Canoes and Kayaks welcome. Fishing away from the bubbles is fine with us. Any ? esi2spy@aol.com. Thanks Frank

Hey folks, Sorry about the lack of info. We and the town had a couple of big issues to work out. As of last week we got together and agreed on all the details. It looks like we will close this contract at the end of this month. As soon as we close it should be open for all dive shops and divers. We are looking at early spring for all the docks above and below to be in place and the rock climbing walls both man made and natural should be up and running. The two, one hundred foot slides and swin area should also be close behind. Thanks Frank, Any ? esi2spy@aol.com

Sounds great, Frank. After the contract signing, are there going to be regular open hours (including weekdays) this year?

thanks frank

now make me a hamburger

Frank Hayes:
Hey folks, Sorry about the lack of info. We and the town had a couple of big issues to work out. As of last week we got together and agreed on all the details. It looks like we will close this contract at the end of this month. As soon as we close it should be open for all dive shops and divers. We are looking at early spring for all the docks above and below to be in place and the rock climbing walls both man made and natural should be up and running. The two, one hundred foot slides and swin area should also be close behind. Thanks Frank, Any ? esi2spy@aol.com

FRANK!!! Nice to see you back! I had heard some VERY disturbing news, that you were in the Betty Ford clinic for coffee and Captains dependancy. I, however, never believed it, as I knew that you did not have the drive,or the ambition that it takes to be a good addict.:cool: All the guys miss the weekend stone crushing sessions, and don't forget there's one more detail that needs to be attended to before the actual festivities start!

:D

dbg40:
FRANK!!! Nice to see you back! I had heard some VERY disturbing news, that you were in the Betty Ford clinic for coffee and Captains dependancy. I, however, never believed it, as I knew that you did not have the drive,or the ambition that it takes to be a good addict.:cool: All the guys miss the weekend stone crushing sessions, and don't forget there's one more detail that needs to be attended to before the actual festivities start!

gfisher4792:
Sounds great, Frank. After the contract signing, are there going to be regular open hours (including weekdays) this year?
You bet weekdays and week ends . I will keep you all posted.

dbg40:
May it forever fly low and cold!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom