Portugal ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Taff, :)

Good places to dive in Lisbon (or nearby):

- Cascais: Exclusive Divers (Fabian - Owner - 93-765.43.22) Good for a OWD. Shallow dives and nice people there. Train from Lisbon to Cascais and dive center just by the train station. You should warn Fabian you are coming.

- Sesimbra: Nautilus Sub (212.551.969). 50 Km drive from Lisbon. Nive people. Good organization. Dives for OWD and AOWD. You should book in advance or you might not have a place. Better visibility (generally speaking) but sometimes overcrowded.

In doubt just call me 96-705.13.64 and I'll try to help.

All phone numbers to be dialled from Portugal. If you dial from your country just add +351 before the numbers I give you.

Enjoy

I too, have a trip planned to Lisbon in September. I am considering Algarve, Lisbon and MADEIRA.

The Azores sound wonderful, but I have had no luck obtaining information regarding transportation to and from Lisbon. Any suggestions?

Hi Scuba Barbie;

In Algarve you have several dive places; I'd go to Sagres and dive with Oceanox (96 485 40 21);

Madeira is a nice place with wonderfull dives. I cannot recommend any specific dive center because all I know is from friends. VENTURA DIVING MADEIRA (291.225.589) could be interesting. They advertise they have a private "HAUX" decompression chamber available.

As for Lisbon, you'll find info in my previous post. And you can always call me if you need any more help.

Azores ... I just arrived from there last Sunday. :)
It's wonderfull .... I loved it. Nice people, great dives.
Try Faial island and Norberto Diver (292 293 891).
To fly to Azores, from Lisbon, just check with any local travel agency. It's not expensive and it's worth it. I can help with reservations if you need help.

Enjoy and safe dives.

I am in the US Air Force currently stationed on Terceira Island in the Azores. I have just recently decided to dive and will start buying equipment anyday now. I have talked to a lot of people and they said that they absolutely love it here. There is a site you can go to to find out about it and book a trip. It is www.teamazores.com

The guy who runs it is american and works on base...

Tim

I must put in a quick recommendation for Sesimbra diving: Cipreia!! I did a little dm work for this Lisbon-based dive shop over the summer and must say they were an exceptional organization. The folks were SUPER nice and very well organized. Their Padi 5 star rated is well meritted. the diving wasn't all that bad either. Must try the Berlengas area next time. Since I will probably be spending New Years in Madeira would love to get some recommendations on dive shops, dive spots, and special interest stuff. We will be staying in Funchal.
THANKS.

I agree, Porto Santo is amazing. Cousteau once said it was the only place in the world where he felt vertigo while diving. And Azores are unique. But none of you mentioned the north of Portugal... ok, the sea conditions are bad and it would be difficult to plan a diving trip here but we do have some wrecks here, one of them the U1277 which is near Porto at a depth of 30m. So, quite accessible :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom