Possible CSSP on April 4?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh! I want to come play too - but I just finished dive #49 in Bimini and my next dive will be #50. I have Flower Gardens coming up on the 17th and kind of want to wait to do my landmark dive somewhere cooler than CSSP. :p Maybe I will come and just hang out...

...Or I could bring pic-nic lunch... hmmm.... how many people would I have to feed??

Mary and I are thinking about a road trip on 4/4, does anybody mind if a couple Houston area swampers show up?I have some quetions ; 1) can we get airfills here or do we need to bring extra tanks. 2) any good eateries close-can't drink cause of the drive home. 3) how will I know it's you.

Mapquest isn't working on my puter( ????)
can someone please give me driving directions from Conroe

Last edited:
It's official for me - I've got a hotel Friday night in Mesquite so I'll be out at CSSP when it opens (or shortly thereafter - depends on how late the Friday night parties in Longview go on for). I'll be looking for y'all.

And to add to the excitment - I'm the newest FoF (Friend of Foo)! - an honor and a privilege I hope to be worthy of. Not that I want your camping trip to fall through, but it would be fun to finally meet you all.

Yes, you can get air at CSSP - I think fills are $8? $6... I've hibernated since last dive season... but air is available for purchase :)

I'm willing to bring out a cooler and watch you penguins dive :) Anyone have problems with ham and cheese sandwhiches?? I can bring out a mess of them along with some drinks, chips, and fruit. Just tell me what cars to look for...

Last edited:
I'll be on my way to Roatan on 4/4, otherwise I'd hook up with y'all for the dive-fest.

And yes, air fills are $8 :)

Mary and I are thinking about a road trip on 4/4, does anybody mind if a couple Houston area swampers show up?I have some quetions ; 1) can we get airfills here or do we need to bring extra tanks. 2) any good eateries close-can't drink cause of the drive home. 3) how will I know it's you.

Mapquest isn't working on my puter( ????)
can someone please give me driving directions from Conroe

Clear Spring Scuba Park is "clearly" different has directions from Dallas. As long as you can get on East bound 80 from Dallas, you can follow their directions.

Last I knew mapquest still had no accurate idea where the park is.

I'll be on my way to Roatan on 4/4, otherwise I'd hook up with y'all for the dive-fest.

I want photos when you get back!!!

Yes, you can get air at CSSP - I think fills are $8? $6... I've hibernated since last dive season... but air is available for purchase :)

I'm willing to bring out a cooler and watch you penguins dive :) Anyone have problems with ham and cheese sandwhiches?? I can bring out a mess of them along with some drinks, chips, and fruit. Just tell me what cars to look for...

Well, Our groups vehicle will be a big white trailer that says University Scuba on it., with a big pirate flag flying. I'll be the guy with the freakishly blonde hair trying to run around and make sure all the beach duties are running smoothly! You can just ask for Travis and say you are from ScubaBoard, I talk about this site a lot!

Clear Spring Scuba Park is "clearly" different has directions from Dallas. As long as you can get on East bound 80 from Dallas, you can follow their directions.

Last I knew mapquest still had no accurate idea where the park is.

TwoBit -- and others:
Hit this link.

Map of Latitude: 32.790107 Longitude: -96.150777, by MapQuest

Once this map pulls up (on mapquest), I had to hit the zoom button 5 times to get to a reasonably local scale for the map. Between this map and zooming out to identify Terrell, TX, anybody should be able to find this place from anywhere on the blue marble.

Y'all have fun.

I am planning to be there too, and hoping to spend most of my time, at the Diverite booth. I want to try just about all of it. I like the new lights, do you think the vizibiity wil count as a night dive?

I am not a Swamp person yet, but could I come and visit (or even dive) with some of you Swampers anyways if you are still here?

Russ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom