Possible dive log application for iPhone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure what the best process would be but I would LOVE (and I know quite a few others) to be able to get all our data out of Aqua Dive log (which lacks a decent way to print) and into something new on the iPhone. The good news is Aqua dive log is open source so it should be pretty easy to find out how and where the data is stored on a sync. I have been dreading the thought of a manual transfer.

Aside from getting my old data in. I would like to a see a easy way to generate a cvs file (and xml maybe) so the data is very portable. Why not make a standard for all future ihpne dive log apps :)

A couple things that Aqua log dose pretty well that might be worth checking out is:
- Great log type front page for the basics of what has happened.
- Excellent module approach to building the log pages with as little or much data as you want.
- Ability to use a cable or IR for a lot of dive computers to sync (we are probable out of luck with that on the iphone though).

Look forward to seeing your app on the iphone store right now there is only a nitrox tool and a dive table app.

I'm not sure this is correct. To my knowledge the iphone uses google maps. The version of google maps on my phone won't work unless you also have a network connection.

Original iphone uses cel towers to triangulate your position. Works out on the boat in some areas but is definitely not reliable at sea. 3g has a actual gps chip and uses normal sats for positioning. Many apps on the store can make use of either or both of these approaches.

I just got an iPhone and was looking for a Scuba app. One feature I'd like to see would be recording GPS coordinates of the dive site.

GPS is already available on the iphone. I know what you are asking for, something in the app, however it is actually more useful as a supported feature IN the Iphone software.

I don't own an IPhone, so I assume you can tag locations just like on EVERY GPS I own, or have owned.

Awsome Idea, can you also make a Compass teaching program, which have some sort of dive games on it where you must use your compass to find a hidden treasure or to find the boat or a lost buddy.

I love your idea, but you should combine that with the google map app so you can drop pins on your dive site. I know you can't record GPS cords, unfortunately, and most likely never will.

I love your idea, but you should combine that with the google map app so you can drop pins on your dive site. I know you can't record GPS cords, unfortunately, and most likely never will.

There are tons of apps that give you GPS coordinates. The iphone may not have it by default, but it's clearly possible.

Original iphone uses cel towers to triangulate your position. Works out on the boat in some areas but is definitely not reliable at sea. 3g has a actual gps chip and uses normal sats for positioning. Many apps on the store can make use of either or both of these approaches.

Yes I know that. The problem with google maps is that it must download the map graphic. If you're out of cell range, you can't download the map and the app errors out and closes.

Any info from the developer on this? Seems to be a lot of arguments about the iPhone rather than the application. I personally don't have an iPhone -- I'm a Crackberry guy -- but I may be getting one soon.

For me, I'm interesting in going paperless. I would like to have a dive log that can live on my PC, my phone (iPhone/Crackberry) and on the Intarwebs. Perhaps Google can help... I dunno. But I'd certainly contribute development, testing or other efforts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom