Post-Coz Depression

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

htn123:
You guys make me sick, sick, sick.....

Have been diving for a while, mostly in lake austin, TX , murky lake, and some ocean but have never been to Cozumel....

Tell me Cozumel dive is horrible :11: !!!! please tell me so, so I don't have to feel bad!!!!! :crafty:

Diving in Coz is horrible! Don't go! Murky lakes are much better! Yeah, that's it.

Bags packed, leaving on Nov 5th for a week.

Ron in SoCal

htn123:

Have been diving for a while, mostly in lake austin, TX , murky lake, and some ocean but have never been to Cozumel....

Tell me Cozumel dive is horrible :11: !!!! please tell me so, so I don't have to feel bad!!!!! :crafty:

Your right. It's absolutely horrible.
Please book a trip ASAP and let me go in your place so you don't have to experience this awful place. :wink:

Sounds like all of us need some sort of 12 step program!!!!!!
step 1.) admit your a Cozmuhalic
step 2.) review your dive trip photos as much as possible
step 3.) drink only mexican beers
step 4.) save pesos for next trip
step 5.) express your pain to other Cozmuhalics
step 6.) drink margaritas
step 7.) eat mexican food
step 8.) day dream of pretty senoritas
step 9.) snorkel in the tub if necessary
step 10.) live vicariously through others on their way to Coz
step 11.) use the 3 or 4 mexican phrases that you know at leat once a week
step 12.) repeat steps 1-11, taking time at steps 3, 6 & 7

adios amigos!!

htn123:

It's awful, horrible. You need sunscreen, sunglasses etc. It is so bright and blinding underwater that you get eye fatigue. The sun and daylight manages to penetrate the water to ridiculous depths, you have to go really deep before you can get any substantial relief. And all those bright colors, they are just not worth the additional eye strain. Combine that with the additional worry and stress of fire coral and jellyfish???? You really should just continue with the quarries, none of that boat stuff to waste your time either!!!!

(Is that what you were requesting???):D

sharky60:
Sounds like all of us need some sort of 12 step program!!!!!!
step 1.) admit your a Cozmuhalic
step 2.) review your dive trip photos as much as possible
step 3.) drink only mexican beers
step 4.) save pesos for next trip
step 5.) express your pain to other Cozmuhalics
step 6.) drink margaritas
step 7.) eat mexican food
step 8.) day dream of pretty senoritas
step 9.) snorkel in the tub if necessary
step 10.) live vicariously through others on their way to Coz
step 11.) use the 3 or 4 mexican phrases that you know at leat once a week
step 12.) repeat steps 1-11, taking time at steps 3, 6 & 7

adios amigos!!

Step 3 is interfering with my advancement to step 4.

connellc:
Just got back from Coz yesterday. Had a GREAT trip but now the post-dive blues have set in for this land-locked Texan. The prospect of my next dive trip is just to far away. Anyone want to sponsor my diving habit? :eyebrow:

I was saying the same thing four years ago. After several trips to Cozumel and being frustrated with the daily corporate/legal world grind...I took another vacation to Cozumel, a little longer than my normal Coz trip. Two weeks has turned into almost 4 years :)

I think I can relate! haha

Cheer up and start planning your next trip. You'll feel better :)

Another horrible thing about Coz that nobody mentioned yet is that divers have a tendency to get wet during a dive! What a bummer that is!

You do not get to wear your 7m wetsuits there either. I really miss them when I'm in Coz. Also, the drift diving makes you lazy.

pennypue:
It's awful, horrible. You need sunscreen, sunglasses etc. It is so bright and blinding underwater that you get eye fatigue. The sun and daylight manages to penetrate the water to ridiculous depths, you have to go really deep before you can get any substantial relief. And all those bright colors, they are just not worth the additional eye strain. Combine that with the additional worry and stress of fire coral and jellyfish???? You really should just continue with the quarries, none of that boat stuff to waste your time either!!!!

(Is that what you were requesting???):D

OK, OK, OK, I got the pictures, don't have to torture me any more .

As the great Johnny Carson would say:

"May a lion fish swim up your swim suit and take a bite of your thingy!!!!! :eyebrow: "
or
"May a lobster sticks it's wisker down your trunk while you are being blinded by those bright colors under water!!!!! :11: "

Dang..... I wish those thing would happend to me because THERE AN'T JACK HERE in these damn lake water..... Wish I was there :wink:

htn123:
OK, OK, OK, I got the pictures, don't have to torture me any more .

[...]

Dang..... I wish those thing would happen to me because THERE AN'T JACK HERE in these damn lake water..... Wish I was there :wink:

Claro. I was cert'ed in Travis 11 or 12 years ago, and I've never been back.

Back
Top Bottom