Post Pictures of Your Pink Dive Gear.. :o)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love the shorty!.. I'm going to have to go to my LDS and determine what size fits me!.. Super cute!!.. and the tank boot.. I'm watching one on ebay. :eek:) Love your set up!

---------- Post Merged at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Go here - Buy scuba gear from LeisurePro.com and search for Pink. They have 44 different models. Although you should really try on a mask for fit. Also 437 other pink products. Including: http://www.leisurepro.com/Catalog.aspx?op=ItemDisplay&ProductID=BLRHP&Page=1&Term=pink%20hose%20protector&Hit=1

Thanks Steve!!.. I'll def check their site out! Mask, I'm super scared to buy one online.. That's what I previously did. :-/ I'll go to my LDS to try there styles on.. maybe I'll find one I like that has the option of pink. :eek:)

Ok, I'll get a picture soon of "wifey" but here is the list so far;

Aqualung slingshot fins, pink
Bare wetsuit, pink
Suunto Vyper DSS, pink and pink bungee
Hogarthian harness, pink
Inflator bungee and light keeper, pink
Trilobite cutter, pink
Aqualung Mikron, pink with pink bungee necklace (pink miflex hose ordered)
Hose hat for inflator, pink
Fox 40 whistle, pink
mask, black skirt with pink accents....

Just about as Pink and DIR as she can get......I hope JJ is ok with this....

Or at least get to accent a few things because I don't want to skimp on quality..
That's a very good attitude to have.

The most important thing is to identify the particular features you want in a piece of gear, then decide from the colors offered. In the long run, you'll be much happier with gear that works how you want, when you need it to, than something purchased based on a color preference. Just because something is right for someone else doesn't mean it's what you're going to be happy with.

First, let me say, I'm a guy and don't use pink, and also I'm a BP/W guy, that being said...

I know Zeagle can make their BC's in just about any color you want. When I was at my LDC the other day, a guy was ordering a Zeagle Ranger in the clown colors, which is just about a different color for every different component. If you want a pink BC, you might check them out.

I've never used a Zeagle product, so i can't vouch for them, but they do seem to be quality items.

Thanks for sharing! I actually looked into the Pink Zeagle but went with my first love.. The Pink ScubaPro LadyHawk. :eek:)

---------- Post Merged at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:35 AM ----------

If you're wanting regs, I personally would chose the Atomic Z2's with the pink color kit. I have the Z2's and I love them. You would be hard pressed to find a better cost to performance value anywhere.

I've really been looking at the ScubaPro MK25/s600.. How is the atomic's performance in relation to ScubaPro?

---------- Post Merged at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Ok, I'll get a picture soon of "wifey" but here is the list so far;

Aqualung slingshot fins, pink
Bare wetsuit, pink
Suunto Vyper DSS, pink and pink bungee
Hogarthian harness, pink
Inflator bungee and light keeper, pink
Trilobite cutter, pink
Aqualung Mikron, pink with pink bungee necklace (pink miflex hose ordered)
Hose hat for inflator, pink
Fox 40 whistle, pink
mask, black skirt with pink accents....

Just about as Pink and DIR as she can get......I hope JJ is ok with this....

Wow!.. Seems like she has everything!!.. You've got to snag a picture of her!! :eek:) For now, I'll go look all her stuff up.. :eek:)

---------- Post Merged at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:35 AM ----------

That's a very good attitude to have.

The most important thing is to identify the particular features you want in a piece of gear, then decide from the colors offered. In the long run, you'll be much happier with gear that works how you want, when you need it to, than something purchased based on a color preference. Just because something is right for someone else doesn't mean it's what you're going to be happy with.

Thank You!!.. I mean I am putting my life in the hands of the gear I choose.. So I def want to make sure I have good quality items!.. :eek:)

The difference between the Atomic and Scubapro can be contested here for days. Some people prefer the Atomic and some people prefer the Scubapro. I have breathed both and both perform amazingly. The main thing to think of is servicing. The Atomic only needs to be serviced every 2 years, where the Scubapro is annually. Another thing is the availability of service. If your LDS doesn't service Atomic, it will be harder. And lastly is price, my LDS has the Z2 reg set for $299, good luck getting a MK15/S600 for near that price. One last thing to consider, you can pay well over 1000 for Atomic T2x's, but the only difference between any Atomic regs is the material they are made out of. Z2, B2, M1, and T2 all breathe exactly the same.

The difference between the Atomic and Scubapro can be contested here for days. Some people prefer the Atomic and some people prefer the Scubapro. I have breathed both and both perform amazingly. The main thing to think of is servicing. The Atomic only needs to be serviced every 2 years, where the Scubapro is annually. Another thing is the availability of service. If your LDS doesn't service Atomic, it will be harder. And lastly is price, my LDS has the Z2 reg set for $299, good luck getting a MK15/S600 for near that price. One last thing to consider, you can pay well over 1000 for Atomic T2x's, but the only difference between any Atomic regs is the material they are made out of. Z2, B2, M1, and T2 all breathe exactly the same.

Thanks for the clerification!.. I'll check into the Atomic and if my LDS services them.. I was told yesterday by someone on the board that if I went with a ScubaPro BC then I should stick with SP for all my gear.. Gullable Newbie here.. lol Glad I'm learning though! :eek:)

---------- Post Merged at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:11 PM ----------

If my LDS doesn't sale a brand.. does that mean they probably don't service that brand?

I was told yesterday by someone on the board that if I went with a ScubaPro BC then I should stick with SP for all my gear.. Gullable Newbie here.. lol Glad I'm learning though! :eek:)

My opinion would run contrary to that.

My gear is made up from stuff from a variety of different manufacturers, each chosen for a specific need or reason. Fit, function and features are all part of the selection process, as is price, availability, warranty, service, etc. I also tend to prefer solid, proven gear vs. the newest gadget to hit the market. Remember, there's no rush, it's better to take your time and do your research then buy on feeling and be disappointed in the long run. I'm sure just about everyone who has been diving for a while can tell you stories of gear sitting in a closet that's not used anymore. In fact, I bet you could find several threads on it if you looked...

Also, chose your sources of information wisely. You'll find a lot of people that seem knowledgeable about gear at the surface, but once you dig deeper, it's mostly just a regurgitation of what they read somewhere else or what someone told them. One of the questions you should always ask, and have answered regarding anything dive related is "Why?" If you can't a get a clear, concise answer to that question on anything, whether it be gear, training or procedure, then you should have second thoughts about the source.

so much pink is like an assault on the poor marine life's eyes lol

all black or black with blue accents is my choice :D

This is great. My wife will be starting SCUBA soon and wanted her own gear. She told me she wanted stuff like mine but pink. I just spent the last 2 days shopping. Coming in the mail is an oxycheq wing with pink lettering (I could not pull the trigger on the solid pink wing-sorry). Pink webbing, and a pink z-knife. She already has mask and fins in pink. I will post a pick as soon as it comes in and is put together.

I've really been looking at the ScubaPro MK25/s600.. How is the atomic's performance in relation to ScubaPro?

---------- Post Merged at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:35 AM ----------
Atomic makes some excellent gear, very similar to Scubapro. Two Scubapro guys left and started Atomic over 10 years ago.
Now it has been bought out, so time will tell. We were an Atomic dealer, we dropped the line beacause we felt Scubapro had better customer service & warranties.

As far as keeping your gear almost all the same brand, it makes servicing your gear easier.

Yes, we have pink hose protectors, hose wraps and don't forget the new Pink Sea Cure mouthpiece!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom