Postcards from the Revolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're welcome folks and thanks for the replies - once again I find myself with rather too much time on my hands.

The big day is tomorrow (Friday) when protesters have threatened to march on the presidential palace. I don't really want to start a political or religious debate on a dive forum - that is being done ad nauseum in the media - but one way or the other, something has to give.

Who ends up in charge of the country is anybody's guess. There are obvious issues with the Muslim Brotherhood but I don't think Egyptians as a whole would wish them into power. The Western world, on the other hand, is not pleased at the prospect at all.

We shall see what happens tomorrow.

Cheers

C.

Thanks a lot for this "report" Crawley. It is very good to have such an inside you, in addition to what we read in the papers.

I hope that tomorrow will not see violent events like yesterday (Wednesday).
European and USA governements all seem to say that Mubarak should go, have to go, but they cannot MAKE him go (which I think is good, that is up to the Egyptian people to make him go). So how long can Mubarak stay? Surely not until September and the elections? Is it days or weeks?
And then, with the interim governement, will they be able to organize new elections quickly?
Questions, questions... it is an extraordinary page of history that is going on. I only hope it ends well and without too many deaths.

Thanks for the update Crowley. Fresh from my trip to marsa I have just booked to come for a St johns and deep south trip in march. Hopefully it will all of calmed down by then or the bus ride from Hurghada to port ghalib will be interesting!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom