Potential diver in NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vinator

New
Reaction score
Hello to anyone reading this.

My name is George and I'm a potential diver looking into finding a place to get certification in NJ. After lurking a bit and reading some of the PADI vs NAUI vs SSI threads... it seems the overwhelming advice is to interview instructors themselves. Which is a great idea, but I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations on any particular shops/dive centers/training facilities/instructors within about an hour of the Union County area.

Thanks very much.
-g

Welcome to the Crazy world of the scubaboard! If you ever need any advice or help, we're here for you. Definitely interview the instructors, make sure they'll work with you if you need to extend your OW training. Don't know anyone in that area, but I'm sure someone on the board will. Good luck and happy diving, glad to have you here.

Britt
CrazyScuba.com :fish:

Try Scuba Connection in Hillsborough. Great group of instructors all around.

there is a shop in toms river on 37 and fisher blvd ,underwater discovery .they do certs .dont know how close u r but you can find shops in point pleasant .just about anywhere near the ocean

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-009.gif

Vinator,

Welcome from NJ. You might want to check out some of the local NJ sites, such as www.njscuba.net. Definitely talk to the instructors first to see who will give you the better class, as opposed to selecting based on organization. Odds are, once you get certified, you'll end up taking quite a few other classes, so find a shop and instructor that you are comfortable with.

J75:
Vinator,

Welcome from NJ. You might want to check out some of the local NJ sites, such as www.njscuba.net. Definitely talk to the instructors first to see who will give you the better class, as opposed to selecting based on organization. Odds are, once you get certified, you'll end up taking quite a few other classes, so find a shop and instructor that you are comfortable with.

Not bad advice. However, unless you find an independent instructor, there's no guarantee you'll have the same instructor you spoke with. You may even have one instructor for classroom/pool and another instructor for checkout dives, depending on how the shop schedule pans out.

Welcome to SB. It sounds like you have done your homework.

Back
Top Bottom