Pow Camp Gravenhurst

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will make sure to take some pics ! just waiting for the ice to melt .... put on my 7mm the other day to jump in the water (not diving) water wasn't to bad I floated for about 15 minutes. Sometime early May I should be able to dive the camp.
As long as its not to deep the water will be close to surface temp.

Attachments

• IMG_2378.JPG
    IMG_2378.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 87
Hi Trevor, I dove this site about 20 years ago, it was easy to locate at the time. There were many large wooden cribs and many large coils of barbed wire. Use caution if the vis is bad. My buddy and I did some mud shovelling up to our armpits just outside of the cribs and located some beautiful clay jugs and logging tools that obviously predates the camp. Those cribs were probably part of a pier for one of the early sawmills that dotted the grave hurst bay.

Hi Trevor, I dove this site about 20 years ago, it was easy to locate at the time. There were many large wooden cribs and many large coils of barbed wire. Use caution if the vis is bad. My buddy and I did some mud shovelling up to our armpits just outside of the cribs and located some beautiful clay jugs and logging tools that obviously predates the camp. Those cribs were probably part of a pier for one of the early sawmills that dotted the grave hurst bay.

We have a collection of old logging and wood working tools at our cottage. Id love to see some photos sometime of the tools you found ! Thank you for commenting, I'm looking forward to getting out there and diving. It seems like a pretty simple location (now that people have given me a better idea).

Back
Top Bottom