Power Inflator Bungee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsmith89

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I just bought a Dive Rite SS Back Plate and OMS 32# Wing. I am using a continuous piece of webbing with 4 D-Rings one on each shoulder and one on each hip. I got the Dive Rite Weight Pockets. I have read about people using a piece of bun-gee or inter-tubing to hold the power inflator to the left shoulder D-Ring. Now my question is if you have your power inflator bun-geed to your D-Ring how do you get the exhaust valve high enough to fully expel all the air in the wing?

-Jacobi
(any comments on the new rig would be greatly appreciated as well)

well, most of the time, i use my dump valve (on the rear left of the wing), since
it's easier to keep horizontal trim that way (i just dip my head a little, and
voila)

but yea, like gfisher said, if you need to use the shoulder valve, you can turn
slightly, raising that shoulder, and venting at the same time. if that doesn't
work, keep bringing the shoulder up (this throws off your horizontal trim, which
is why i don't like to do it)

Jacobi,
Don't run the inflator (corrugated hose) through the bungie, but run the lp hose through the bungie. You will have no problem venting.
Enjoy the new rig!

just dont make the bungee to tight and you will have no problems

I thought about using a retractor to accomplish the same thing as a bungee cord here. Has anyone tried that?

My reason... I have an Air-2 on my X-Tek Trav-Tek wing and it bangs around (has bloodied my nose and forehead several times when unknowing dive buddies have tried to help when putting on my BCD.

drbill:
I thought about using a retractor to accomplish the same thing as a bungee cord here. Has anyone tried that?

My reason... I have an Air-2 on my X-Tek Trav-Tek wing and it bangs around (has bloodied my nose and forehead several times when unknowing dive buddies have tried to help when putting on my BCD.

I use a retractor on my DiveRite BP/W setup to keep the inflator hose in place. Used a zip tie to secure the ring on the retractor to the corrugated. Works great, allows for full range of motion on the hose, but keeps it where needed when not dumping. The retractor also has a snap disconnect at the ring so it can be detached if there is a problem.

The bungee should not be so tight that you can not lift the inflator above your shoulder.
The bungee should be a loose loop that is placed between the triglide and the webbing of your left shoulder d-ring. If you make a loop that, when run as stated above, should be about the same size as the d-ring. This will stretch quite a bit and allow the inflator to be raised as much as you will need.

If you need, I will try to get some pics.

Robb

Are your D rings in the right place , You could have them to low.

drbill:
I thought about using a retractor to accomplish the same thing as a bungee cord here.

i used a retractor for open water diving, and it worked well. when i started
diving caves, it became an entanglement hazzard, so it had to go

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom