Pre tech education

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twin cylinders with dual manifold  and isolator or independent cylinders  in a sidemount configuration  
Primary and secondary regulators – primary regulator must have seven  foot/two meter hose for air  sharing.  

That is the cylinder setup that you will need. You cannot do the course in a single with a stage

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Actually.... You can do DP/AN with an H Valve and a big steel tank combined with a deco gas bottle.

Actually.... You can do DP/AN with an H Valve and a big steel tank combined with a deco gas bottle.

As far as I'm aware you can do AN in that configuration but not DP.

Yeah max but he isn't doing them courses he said he is doing padi 40 which you cannot

Yeah max but he isn't doing them courses he said he is doing padi 40 which you cannot

Unless the requirements have changed in the past year, Padi does allow the Tec 40 to be done with a single mounted tank and a Y or H valve. TDI AN can be done in recreational gear plus deco bottle and appropriate dive computer

Maybe I just wrote what the instructor manual said for student gear requirement.

As I said, my info is a year old and I don't have access to instructor manual but this is the list of required equipment (list is from Pura Vida site but available online at many shop websites that offer the course) . Bold added my me...

Equipment Requirements

• Each diver will be required to have a complete set of personal dive equipment, including:
  • Diving cylinder with a minimum of 80 cubic feet with a dual-outlet valve on the cylinder ( .Y. or .H. valve) or 2 diving cylinders at least 80 cf tank
  • Primary & secondary regulators for doubles or single with appropriate valve
  • One with a seven foot hose for air sharing
  • One with an SPG
  • 1 deco tank with regulator, SPG & staging kit – properly labeled
  • Back-up deco gas as required
  • BC, back plate & harness (dual bladder or dual wings unless drysuit diving)
  • Dive computer (single or multi-gas), and either back-up computer or timer & depth gauge
  • Back-up decompression information (computer, dive tables, etc.)
  • Exposure protection (dry suit use requires prior dry suit diving experience)
  • Weight system (if needed)
  • Lights as necessary, including primary and backup
  • Jon line (for current diving environments)
  • Safety reel
  • (2) Slates, (1 wrist-type)
  • Compass
  • Z-knife and back-up cutting device
  • Spare clips, pull-ties, tank wrap bands & other rigging accessories
  • Back-up mask (optional)
  • Lift bag (100lbs min)
[h=1]DSAT Tec 40[/h]Purpose
PADI Tec 40 course introduces divers to limited decompression within accepted recreational depth limits. This course standard allows the diver to utilize a minor variation from the standard recreational “kit”. We do however recommend the utilization of the full Tec set up (as stated below) and encourage the student to continue to Tec 45.

So PADI advocates that doing deco on a single AL80 is acceptable? Makes no sense. I wont let my AOW students dive a deep wreck and stay within NDL on an 80....H-valve or not.

Wow.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have perfect buoyancy without moving your arms or legs. The books stuff is the easiest part. Task loading while maintaining buoyancy and trim is the hardest to learn.

tumblr_lhszy0xP4Y1qdl3gj.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom