Preparing for the Flower Gardens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The green tape solution was the other boat. It is not used on the Fling and may not be acceptable.

Why not simply wrap some green tape around the head of your DIN plug?

That would work just fine, but it’s just not good enough for the anal retentive person that I am. :loopy:

That would work just fine, but it’s just not good enough for the anal retentive person that I am. :loopy:

You haven't met anal retentive until you've met my wife. Use green fingernail polish. If you get the green toenail polish with metal flake, it will never ever ever come off. Don't ask me how I know this, but if you need some, just ask. :D

do any of you know if they will top EANx tanks with air for the 1st dive of a day so we can have a deeper MOD than 110'? We are going in June and some people (Tec divers on the trip) were curious. Sharon hasn't been able to answer me as yet.

If you bring your own tank, it must be full. You can bring any gas you are certified to use. If you use the boat's tank it will be prefilled with air or 32% nitrox. You are welcome change from air to nitrox if you would like.We normally do not have time to completely drain tanks between dives, so if you use/bring a lower O2 mix and want to change to 32% your next dive will likely not be a full 32% but will get closer with each fill.

---------- Post added March 24th, 2013 at 11:58 AM ----------

Although there is a lot of good information and knowledgeable contributors on this site, it seems that some of you still have questions about the Fling/Flower Gardens. If your questions haven't been fully answered, or if you would like additional information,you can email me at blandellen@yahoo.com. I'd be more than happy to get you the most updated info.

Captain Bland
M/V Fling

All:

I contacted Capt Bland as requested and was graced with a quick and detailed response. THAT is good customer service. THANKS.

We look forward to meeting your crew and also diving our brains out with you!!

Being manly does not mean you have to decend the wall just because it is there. it will take you deeper than you computer can function. You dont have to go over the edge 130 ft and narced is comparitively ok on a sand botom but not decending down a wall.

If you bring your own tank, it must be full. You can bring any gas you are certified to use. Captain Bland M/V Fling

Captain Bland,

Excuse me for bringing this up here, but I'm sure there are others who would like to have this information.

Please clarify this policy as I have purchased a 100 cu ft 3445psi tank specifically to dive the Fling. I've recently had it visually inspected then drained it down to a few hundred psi with the intent of nearly emptying it once on board. Of course the idea is to get as close to 32 percent as possible for my first and subsequent dives.

If I understand your statement above, I now must have the tank completely filled with Nitrox prior to boarding if I want to dive EAN 32‽ This was not the case last time I was on a Fling charter; in fact the tank service crew member encouraged my dive buddies and me (we were all using 3442psi 100cu ft bottles) to nearly empty our tanks to get an accurate fill.

There was another issue that I would like to see resolved. The fill station on board is fully capable of servicing tanks to greater than 3442psi, however the tank fill crew member refused to give us a full fill even though the tanks and valves are clearly marked for that service pressure. Could you address/resolve that issue too?

Thank you,

Couv

I brought an HP100 tank on a trip and was told on the boat they were only able to fill to 3000 psi. Usually it didn't even end up with that much, I was diving nitrox. My buddy had an HP120 and had to pay more to use the larger tank, but rarely even had a fill with 3000 psi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom