Preppin' for Trip 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darook

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Due to some unforeseen in-law family health issues my lovely bride will not be able to come on this trip. I have been able to get a long time dive buddy to free up some time and come along for this trip. A mid winter visit is new for me! I am happy to say that at current it is 80 degrees F warmer in Bonaire than here in the Twin Cities area. I don't neglect to mention that to anyone I can and my popularity seems to be reaching an all time low!:eyebrow:

Some sites that I hope to do this trip are Nukove, Tolo and Candy Land in the North. In the South if the weather allows I want to do Red Slave and some other of the sites at that far end of the island. My experience is that the animals are larger and reef nicer at the extremes of the island. Not sure we will do anything in the park but am not opposed. The buddy joining me is a bit more adventurous than the little lady so sites a bit further afield are in play!

I am thinking that my 3mm long sleeve shorty will be enough but will likely bring along a little more. The front zip is so nice for shore diving.

Last trip I did a lot of shooting with my kit lens on my camera and a little super macro work. Will likely do more more of the super macro this trip.

Will be at Buddy Feb 6-14, if you are there say hey! I am the guy with some red hair left and a camera.

If you are looking for a little adventure and some bigger animals, dive the east side as well; either with a guide from shore or by boat.

In Feb-April, I like 3 mm full suit on Bonaire.

Enjoy and save some fishies for me! May I suggest a long skin under the 3mm for protection not necessarily warmth. Having done some of those unmarked sites (Nukove/Taylormade/Candy Land) there can be some tricky entry/exits very close to ironshore, rocks and corals or narrow swim along side where a bit of water action will send you sideways into stuff. Legs and knees bleed so nicely, coral embeds itself and next thing you know, you have an infection. My fav suit is a fleece lined 1 piece w/ front zip easy on and off. Enough warmth and no buoyancy.

Second the east side for different (bigger, unusual, topography) - did an 80 minute dive there w/ Bas last year. Wow!

Does the tire inflator actually work?
That would be handy to have.

Capture.JPG

Does the tire inflator actually work?
That would be handy to have.
They work great though I was concerned whether that particular tire had it's Nitrox card. Since every tire was a different make and model on the rental beater I am assuming they would each need their own cert. As far as I could tell none of them had one.

Back
Top Bottom