Pricing... Zeagle Express Tech and Express tech Deluxe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have to fly to almost every dive site I can think of. The only thing in Kansas is some really murky lakes and a couple old rock queries. In the pool in class I only really use about 6 pounds of lead, in shorts and a jacket bcd. I'm more concerned about comfort, and like the idea of the added padding so I don't feel that I would HAVE to use an exposure suit. Thank you for everyone's responses!

I got an Express Tech never been wet tags still on for $140 + shipping off of e-bay. Came with shoulder pads which I ditched. I added zip touch weight pockets, a couple of xs-scuba small weight pockets on the shoulder straps for trim weights, and a crotch strap. It dives nice, but unless I'm traveling with tight weight restrictions I'll take my steel BP/W instead (I'm a frequent flyer on United and get 2 70 lb bags at no fee, so weight isn't usually a big deal when traveling for me).

Sutton, I purchased an Express Tech about a year ago from Leisurepro. First, It comes pre-assembled so there is nothing you really need to do except cut off the extra harness webbing. However, most people will customize it by adding D-rings and a pocket. You can add a weight system or just use a belt. All of these are easy modifications and there is nothing to screw up. It is up to you. Second. The harness includes A LOT of extra webbing, so fitting for large guys should not be a problem. Third, you should be able to swap out the fabric plate for a metal one. I have not tried it personally but I remember reading that people have done it. I am unsure if they needed to use a Zeagle plate or not.

I would have to fly to almost every dive site I can think of. The only thing in Kansas is some really murky lakes and a couple old rock queries. In the pool in class I only really use about 6 pounds of lead, in shorts and a jacket bcd. I'm more concerned about comfort, and like the idea of the added padding so I don't feel that I would HAVE to use an exposure suit. Thank you for everyone's responses!

Then the express is a good choice for you. Seriously, pick up and weigh that jacket BCD, then Express. I am betting there is probably 5-6 lbs difference and when you are packing with the typical 50lbs limit on airlines, that's significant. Even if you have status and can check extra bags free, hauling around extra weight is a pain and gets old fast. FWIW: I always remove extra padding. I always wear some type of exposure protection, I have run into a number of stinging critters over the years and won't dive without at least a skin or a 2mm shorty on.

Also, FYI there is a discussion going on on the Zeagle Forum about how they are discontinuing the ZET :fail:

(can't imagine why though I am sure some people can thing of some reasons).

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/zeagle/448598-express-tech.html

Anyhow, some dealers still have them and a shop has them listed at $249 in that thread for a 24lb bladder, but they have larger bladders available, but if you are wanting to get one, you might want to do it fairly soon!

---------- Post added March 8th, 2013 at 11:24 AM ----------

Oh and apparently LP has flash sales late at night on Zeagle sometimes.

Also, FYI there is a discussion going on on the Zeagle Forum about how they are discontinuing the ZET :fail:

(can't imagine why though I am sure some people can thing of some reasons).

Zeagle was purchased Huish Outdoors, the parent company of Atomic, Bare, and others, last July. I would assume that they are consolidating their product lines.

Wow, I am so glad I just came out and asked notepad of scouring the site foe answers I needed. Thank you everyone for welcoming me into the community and answering my newbie questions. I will now start searching for the right system armed with my new knowledge to get experience with all the gear. THANKS!

Wow, I am so glad I just came out and asked notepad of scouring the site foe answers I needed. Thank you everyone for welcoming me into the community and answering my newbie questions. I will now start searching for the right system armed with my new knowledge to get experience with all the gear. THANKS!

If you tell us what is important to you we can point you into the right direction.

I'm looking for something I can travel with, that's beginner friendly, and I'm a fan of weight integration.

Keep in mind, the BP crown (including Express Tech fans) tend to be a KISS (Keep it Simple Stupid) crowd. The beauty of the systems is they are very simple and rugged. You can add what you really want (weight systems, pockets, etc...) to your specific needs. What you really want/need should be a relatively small list (mine is down to a couple of D rings for cutting tool, light and an SMB bungied next to the tank). Its not so much being beginner friendly in operation(they are), but that you have choices to make when configuring it. This overwhelms new divers.

On the opposite end you have the full on weight integrated BCD's. I will take my Zeagle Range for example. Out of the box it has everything you could need. Weight integration (4 pockets, 50lbs capacity), 2 side pockets, front roll down pocket, 2 zipper connectors for options like pony carriers and more pockets, enough D-rings to outfit a squad, 3 pull dumps, etc..... It's a very nicely built BCD with everything you could ever want. The problem of course is you have to carry everything you could ever want. Having gigantic weight pockets forces them to have a gigantic wing to float the weight, which taco's and induces drag. It was a nightmare to travel with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom