Pricing... Zeagle Express Tech and Express tech Deluxe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got the express techs that I can find bookmarked, thank you everyone for your responses! I'll be poking around the links for a little while!

Shhh... I've been watching that one. :) Wonder what the reserve is.

Why are you recommending that he purchase a doubles wing?

---------- Post added March 11th, 2013 at 02:09 PM ----------

So I'm thinking I could possibly build my own light weight, express tech or something similar if I buy the parts individually. If I use the express tech back plate and everything else separately, if that makes sense?

To build a BP/Wing setup you need the following components.

Backplate
Wing
Harness
Cambands

I would contact Cave Adventurers (their site is kind of mess right now) and ask Edd to price out the following: Hollis S25 $200, Oxycheq soft backplate $44, Cave Adventure's harness $27, and cam bands $40 = $311.00 he may be able to beat that price. This would give you the same functionality as the basic Express Tech. You could always add pockets and change backplates if you want to dive up north.

I'll try that too. Is is feasible to travel with a steel back plate? I would think anything you gained in weight reduction you would have to pick right back up for a weight belt? The reason I'm looking at the softer back plates so I can cram as much stuff in a bag as possible without carrying an over sized suitcase or something like that.

I was looking at the Oxycheq system for a little bit as well. I'm still confused on how I can tell if I can enterchange parts between manufacturers. I'm fairly mechanically inclined so I can figure out how to put it together, but I don't like modifying products past what they were meant to be.

---------- Post added March 11th, 2013 at 07:45 PM ----------

Can't believe it only went for $137.00... I should have jumped in on that one.

Can't believe it only went for $137.00... I should have jumped in on that one.

The price never went above the reserve price so you may see the item relisted.

---------- Post added March 11th, 2013 at 07:17 PM ----------

I'll try that too. Is is feasible to travel with a steel back plate? I would think anything you gained in weight reduction you would have to pick right back up for a weight belt? The reason I'm looking at the softer back plates so I can cram as much stuff in a bag as possible without carrying an over sized suitcase or something like that.

The physical size of backplates are roughly the same regardless of material used. So you could travel with a steel backplate it would just be heavier and bulkier than a fabric plate.

---------- Post added March 11th, 2013 at 07:22 PM ----------

I was looking at the Oxycheq system for a little bit as well. I'm still confused on how I can tell if I can enterchange parts between manufacturers. I'm fairly mechanically inclined so I can figure out how to put it together, but I don't like modifying products past what they were meant to be.

There is no great skill required to assemble a backplate and wing system. The only thing that is a bit confusing is webbing the harness but there are plenty of online resources explaining how it is done. As far as the parts fitting the only constraint is if the slots in the plate line up with the slots in the wing. Most will. If the wing requires a single tank adapter (it has no cutouts for the tank bands) then it will fit on any plate that has holes drilled for doubles.

When I'm finally ready to purchase, I'm defiantly going to be make a thread with a parts list to double check.

ams511 and everyone else, you have been awesome!

The one on Ebay was re-listed and sold for 170.00. Makes me feel pretty good about the new one that I bought last night.

The one on Ebay was re-listed and sold for 170.00. Makes me feel pretty good about the new one that I bought last night.

It didn't actually sell. It was re-listed and then the item was pulled. Congratulations on your new BC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom