Private cook

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cduffey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have any experience with hiring someone to come to your condo and cook? We'll be four people, so I wonder if it would be just too pricey for that small number. If anyone can chime in with advice, I'd appreciate it. Counting down! Wheels up in 10 days!

Carole

I'm interested in the answer to this also; we will be staying in a condo for the first time in August having previously stayed 5 times at the Palace resort. This trip we are staying at El Cantil, which is close enough to good restaurants to walk to several so a private chef makes less sense. But if we were staying further from town - say at Reef Residencias (next to the Aura), we would have considered this more seriously. A kicker for my wife and daughter is that some of the services we looked up state that they will also teach you to cook the meals they prepare as part of the service.

Have a great trip!

If you are staying at the El Cantil - the real estate broker (should have / could have) provided this information to you.
When we stayed there we received a complete breakdown of the costs for an in house chef including the menus!!!

If you are staying at the El Cantil - the real estate broker (should have / could have) provided this information to you.
When we stayed there we received a complete breakdown of the costs for an in house chef including the menus!!!

We are staying at El Cantil, but are renting from one of the owners directly, so that may be why we didn't get the same info as you. Do you remember the name of the service?

Talk to Marci and Dave, Christi will have their number. They own a condo there and should know. Have fun sorry to miss you. Will be there Oct/Nov for a month
Cheryl and Jay

Talk to Marci and Dave

We're actually staying in their condo. I'll send Marci an email to get her recommendations. Thanks! Sorry to miss y'all, too. I'm jealous of the 1 month stay! Maybe someday.

Does anyone have any experience with hiring someone to come to your condo and cook? We'll be four people, so I wonder if it would be just too pricey for that small number. If anyone can chime in with advice, I'd appreciate it. Counting down! Wheels up in 10 days!

Carole

I would LOVE to come cook for you guys ONE night Carole :) I wanted to have dinner with you guys one night anyway, and cooking for you would be even MORE fun! And you don't have to pay me! :)

I would LOVE to come cook for you guys ONE night Carole :) I wanted to have dinner with you guys one night anyway, and cooking for you would be even MORE fun! And you don't have to pay me! :)

Awesome! Look for an email.

How coincidental - we are also staying at the same unit (August 1-9). Dave and Marci did not give us information regarding the chef as we told them we wanted to try more of the local restaurants. They gave us great recommendations there, however!

Now if you were in Playa del Carmen, I could recommend someone. But, I will tell you we hired a chef for the week there and it was amazing. She was there about 6:30 with breakfast made before we headed out to dive and back in the evening with dinners to die for. The cost was comparable to eating out for the entire week but the experience of having our own chef........priceless. And, we tipped her well for the week - she was awesome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom