Pro Plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Soudan,

Even with the introduction of the new VT-3 and the ATOM 2.0, I believe the Pro Plus 2 is still one of our top sellers. No way I can get a definitive number of returns for you but at least in the South-central territory I have seen very minimal returns and happy retailers and customers. I definitely would suggest purchasing the quick disconnect with compass version.

Regards,
Darryl

Darryl,
I have two ProPlus2's One for my lovely bride and one for me. The manual is woefully incomplete as to the gauge mode operation. What is displayed and what features are lost? Will it hold the dive data for later downloading?

Dave

We have 2 PP2s & love them 2 years & 100+ dives on mine & still shows full battery strength, my wifes is also 2 years old with over 60 dives & still good. Hers sits some times more than mine.
I always carry a spare battery kit for each of them & think I need to get new ones. Im afraid that the spares are losing their charge just sitting.

Teamcasa,

Hello out in So. CA. I am a transplanted Californian living in central Texas and the only thing I really miss is the Pacific Ocean. I lived in Orange County plenty over the last 15 years. Used to be the rep out there. Still miss diving California kelp and lobster diving.

In answer to your question when the computer is in gauge mode all computer calculations and functions are off. It will provide the following information: depth, tank pressure, time at depth, max depth, total dive time and surface intervals. I'd have to check but I am pretty sure that it still retains all the time of day information. Hope this helps.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to dive it in gauge mode?

Regards,
Darryl

Thanks Darryl,
I've been here in SoCal 50+years. I don't think I could stand all that flatness and no ocean.
I purchased the two PP2's for the large displays and they (Oceanic) are supposed to be the best.
Although I’m pretty gadget/computer friendly however I found all of the alarms, beeps, bells and whistles a bit daunting. Most all of my diving is with my lovely bride, a newly certified diver so my diving is relatively simple 60-80 fsw and local. Catalina, San Diego and LA.

Gauge mode seems to be a simple answer. All I really want is pressure, depth, DTR, surface interval timer, assent rate and safety stop timer plus the ability to log dives on my computer.

BTW, I bought them for the large numbers (read older eyes), however the cheater card that comes with it has such small printing its totally useless.

Thanks again
Dave

We're heading back from two days and six dives in Anilao. While packing the gear for our trip home I noticed my Pro Plus 2's display is scrambled. Same thing happened to my wife's. Hers died @ dive #19 and mine @ #25. This is NOT giving me a warm & fuzzy feeling about the quality of Oceanic gear.

Is there a problem with a production run? Does the company have any idea what the problem is?

We purchased Oceanic figuring it was one of the top brands. We're in the Philippines and didn't want to take our chances with quality.

Track record so far:
- Download cable defective, replaced under warranty (A computer with a serial connection in this USB world?!)
- Seam failed on wife's BC, waiting for our next trip to the states to try and return
- Wife's Pro Plus 2 failed, replaced under warranty
- My Pro Plus 2 failed, will call on Monday

The guys in Customer Service are great... just wish I didn't have to get to know them so well.

Do I just have bad luck?

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom