Problems with Sherwood Luna?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishLips

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Ok, so I'm talking to local shops and trying on BCs. At the Scuba show I tried on a Sherwood Luna, and it fit better than anything else I've put on. I liked all the features, and so far haven't found anything else that compares as well (for me). So I ask the owner of the LDS down the street, and he makes me feel like an idiot for even mentioning it. The first thing he said was "you don't want a Luna". They don't fit well. So I told him that they fit me pretty well. Then he said that he used to sell them, and had all kinds of problems with them. He said they were made poorly, and that other BCs have much better designs. He then tried to hard-sell the Diva LX.

So, whaddya all think about the Sherwood Luna? Has anyone had first hand experience? Is the dive shop guy just trying to make a sale on the gear he carries, or should I really be wary of the Luna?

Thanks for any comments, good or bad!

FishLips

ANY shop that slams a product they dont sell is one you dont want to do business with. Its beyond bad customer relations, its just plain childish. " I sell the best stuff out there, everything else is garbage".

When a shop slams a product, its usually out of frustratiion that they CANNOT carry the line or just simple ignorance.

I sell homes for living. When someone comes to me and says "I can get this from so and so for X amount of dollars", I listen to them and then explain WHY my house is better, what they get for it and and the shorter timeframe I can complete it in. I never bash another builder. Besides, its a small world- it eventually gets around.

Find a shop that will sell you what YOU want, not what they sell. Loyalty to a shop is great but whats the point if you are only getting what they stock?

Just my opinion

Luna's are very nice. Probably my best selling BC in the low 300 price range. We probably sell a bit more of the Zeagles - even for women - but they run about $400 instead of $335... but really the money doesn't matter, the brand doesn't matter, You are doing the right thing... find the one that feels the most comfortable to you... and I own one of the biggest dive shops in the country... and my wife dives a Luna. It's what she thought fit best as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom