BCD epoxied fitting replacement for air filler hose connection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I HAVE BOUGHT THOSE SCUBAPRO PARTS IN YOUR PICTURE FROM THE SCUBAPRO SHOP

I must be magic

The following point to address is the size of the wing of the new flange. If it's small enough to be able to enter by the bladder hole, you risk for a leak. If it's wide enough to embrace the old wing and get a good mechanical anchorage, it would be hard to impossible to introduce by the hole in the cordura, so a solution has to be find.

Do you really think the manufacturers put the backing or male flange in the bladder, before welding

There is just the old solution to find which is to fold the bladder or cordura 25 milimetre hole in half

and work the more than double the size flange through it

I was told by multiple dive shops that this part is not replaceable (Sherwood will not sell you a replacement) and that you have to get a new BCD when this part fails. Rather than do that, I made my own replacement part which is a through-wall style rather than glued, and seems to work well so far. Here is a link to a video explaining the details and a demonstration for reference:
They can't really sell you a replacement. As emorira said, the bladder side is not glued, it's RF-welded to the PU material when they make the bladder. You actually can weld PU with an iron but I would recommend it.

It's cool that you were able to make the part (how did you make it?) but you could have just bought it from DGX for a few bucks.

these valves of dissimilar compounds have a closer fitting thread than the standard
or original black on black valves, providing tighter clamping force and a better seal

The threads don't jump apart and loosen at their tightest
That's missing the part he made.

This one has it: 3.45€ 72% OFF|ABS Kunststoff Scuba Tauchen OPV Dump Ventil Über Presure Ventil Ersatz Montage BCD Tauchen Lift Tasche Zubehör scuba tauchen getriebe|Pool und Zubehör| - AliExpress

Do you really think the manufacturers put the backing or male flange in the bladder, before welding
They just weld the threaded piece onto the bladder from the outside. It's just one piece.

BTW: @The2ndBest it's best not to use the pull dump on the corrugated hose on any BCD. That's likey what caused the part to rip off.

these valves of dissimilar compounds have a closer fitting thread than the standard
or original black on black valves, providing tighter clamping force and a better seal

The hole left in the cordura is 2" more or less. Those flanges are designed to be used in independent bladders in tech wings. The flange is designed for a 1" hole, so those flanges are useless for most BCDs.

I HAVE BOUGHT THOSE SCUBAPRO PARTS IN YOUR PICTURE FROM THE SCUBAPRO SHOP

I must be magic
Nice for you. Nowadays SP is not selling even reg service kits if you are not a certified technician.

What I would do is toss that b/c in the trash after removing whatever bits that may be useful later and buy a new one.

Interesting I did not find that part while searching for solutions, looks a bit thinner but yes that would probably work as well.

They can't really sell you a replacement. As emorira said, the bladder side is not glued, it's RF-welded to the PU material when they make the bladder. You actually can weld PU with an iron but I would recommend it.

It's cool that you were able to make the part (how did you make it?) but you could have just bought it from DGX for a few bucks.

That's missing the part he made.

This one has it: 3.45€ 72% OFF|ABS Kunststoff Scuba Tauchen OPV Dump Ventil Über Presure Ventil Ersatz Montage BCD Tauchen Lift Tasche Zubehör scuba tauchen getriebe|Pool und Zubehör| - AliExpress
I didn't find that part when I was searching for a solution. I made mine with a CAD program and 3D printer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom