Project Azorian and Quest for Sunken Warships

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just winding down from a long Thanksgiving weekend and its cold and rain is in the air so I took full advantage of the couch today and found on netflix two very good show's.

The first is a series by Dan crowell called Quest for sunken warships with lots of diving the first ep was on U-352 & U-701.
Looking forward to finishing this soon well worth the time!

The next was AZORIAN The Raising of the K-129. not a lot of diving other that of the 1974 film used but if your a fan of really big boats this is the show for you!
Most of the show was about the plan to salvage the K-129 with a massive ship called Hughes Glomar Explorer and the undertaking it took to build such a ship to pick up a sunkin Soviet sub from 16,000 ft down!

All in all two very great shows I found. I also looked up a web page for Dan Crowell and he has many many more shows to watch and their are a few books on K-129 I'm going to look into!

I think I have seen parts of AZORIAN The Raising of the K-129 while channel surfing. From what I have seen it really looks interesting. Now that I know the name and it is available on NetFlix...I will watch the entire thing. Also Quest for Sunken Warships sounds equally interesting.

Thanks for sharing...You have made my day. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom