Props to axua for a memorable Rescue Diver course!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greatwolf:
It's on a weekday though, which means I'll have to call in sick(good thing none of my workmates are SB-ers...lol. ) to attend the night dive... I hope I get a chance to deploy my SMB on this dive.

calling in sick to dive? sounds a lot like me:)

ishbaby:
hehe . . . malapit na!!

Bilis!!! = Hurry up!!!

Spoon:
Me, monique and jag are finally rescue divers. we took the course oct29-30 in balai resort in anilao. the weather was great. props to axua for making this rescue course very memorable and enlightening. i have to say that i learned a lot from this course and the skills and extra knowledge i learned is certainly going to benefito my ongoing awareness and evolution as a safe, aware and wholistic diver.

Axua certainly left us on our toes and at least one rescue scenario couldnt have been more unexpected and planned better. defintely one empowering course and i defintely recommend it to anyone taht would want to improve ones abilities in the water

congratulations to all of you!!!:clapping:

jonix:
congrats guys & jai of course!

just finished my aow (which was cut short by the 1st dor) with paolo...props to him as well...one cool dude, galeng galeng...grabe energy level ni pao, ayaw tumigil mag dive hehehehe

did a deep night dive at the house reef & did deep again at bahula ligpo (unsheltered pala yun...tangay kuryente sa ibabaw wahahahaha ) :D

Congrats on your AOW pre! mukhang addict ka na rin sa malalim, hehehe.:D

I was watching a boat parked at bahura ligpo from my room early saturday morning, siguro kayo yun?

Matthew:
Congrats on your AOW pre! mukhang addict ka na rin sa malalim, hehehe.:D

I was watching a boat parked at bahura ligpo from my room early saturday morning, siguro kayo yun?

not us, sunday morning kami 7:30 am

Spoon:
Me, monique and jag are finally rescue divers. we took the course oct29-30 in balai resort in anilao. the weather was great. props to axua for making this rescue course very memorable and enlightening. i have to say that i learned a lot from this course and the skills and extra knowledge i learned is certainly going to benefito my ongoing awareness and evolution as a safe, aware and wholistic diver.

Axua certainly left us on our toes and at least one rescue scenario couldnt have been more unexpected and planned better. defintely one empowering course and i defintely recommend it to anyone taht would want to improve ones abilities in the water.

*care to add jag?
great summary, spoon!

it was truly a memorable experience... the confined water sessions (done in 15-20 fsw) were challenging to say the least... and the surprise scenario - WOW! GRABE! RIOT!

can't forget that "oh (insert favorite expletive here) diver down, go, go, go!!!" feeling!

of course i thought i was going to need a rescue diver myself when i got thoroughly exhausted getting the 2nd victim to safety...

carlo and monique were great classmates too! they're so cute together - turns out carlo's been pestering monique to turn to the dark side (go bp/w) but she won't hear nothing of it...

back to skills - turns out the confidence level of being a rescue diver (learning how to handle dive situations) really came in handy the next day:

the groups going out to dive were too advanced for my friend to dive on, so i took her out on a shore dive to punish point-to-bebots to get her gear wet... simple dive, no current 40-50 feet max...

she was having trouble equalizing on the way down and we surfaced to get her back on track... she almost panicked - threading w/o air in her bc... then the training kicked in! galing!

we had a great dive after that... my first dive guide/leader experience and i got it right! hahahahahahaha

great work to axua!!! let's just say i wish you were an instructor 2 years ago and i met you then... or at least last april when i did my aow... kudos bro!

Jag

shugar:
great summary, spoon!
the groups going out to dive were too advanced for my friend to dive on, so i took her out on a shore dive to punish point-to-bebots to get her gear wet... simple dive, no current 40-50 feet max...

she was having trouble equalizing on the way down and we surfaced to get her back on track... she almost panicked - threading w/o air in her bc... then the training kicked in! galing!

we had a great dive after that... my first dive guide/leader experience and i got it right! hahahahahahaha

Jag

Glad you have absorbed it quite well and have applied it quite well bro.. I feel proud to read this :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom