Prospective shearwater owner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMoody98

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just wondering, I was looking at getting a used shearwater petrel/predator DC, can you erase the previous owners dives from it and start with a "clean" computer?

Thanks for info, now just deciding on which DC to buy...

I'd at least get a Petrel 1 for the standard AA battery and smaller form factor. I wouldn't spend more for the 2 to get digital compass and ios bluetooth unless that is how you plan on working your dive logs from your phone regularly, and unlikely to see a Perdix for sale used

How do I get to post a new post? And what is garibaldi mean, I didnt put that in my personal info page...?

if you join a new user group in your profile then Garibaldi will change to whatever the highest "rank" of user group you are in unless a mod overrides it. I think Garibaldi is the default until you join another user group. It is a bright orange damselfish. That will change over time with post count. Here is the list
Garibaldi 0
Angel Fish 5
Nassau Grouper 70
Barracuda 200
Manta Ray 500
Loggerhead Turtle 1250
Great White 3000
Orca 5000
Giant Squid 10000
Blue Whale 15000
Kraken 30000

You just posted a new post, so if you're talking a new thread, you have to navigate to the appropriate subforum and then submit a new thread

Back
Top Bottom