Prostate surgery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I underwent a robotic assisted rad.pros. 2 years ago. Complications and the need to heal kept me out of the water for a awhile. But I have been back for awhile. During the healing, I became the Kegel King! Regaining continence and sexual function takes time. The only change to my current diving is I use an adult diaper when I dive in a drysuit. I have always peed in my wetsuit (don't judge me!), so wetsuit diving hasn't changed. Afterdark, it sounds like you haven't had surgery yet. I have no doubt you will do OK. If you have any questions or want to hear more about my experience just PM me.

gkwalt, I don't know how you knew but you are right on the money so far! :) Had my surgery Thursday and I am typing this from home. One night and I was up walking around this AM. The MD tells me that everything went well and I can expect full function after I heal! No heavy lifting for 3 weeks. Next week the tube comes out and the real test begins. It is a wonderful thing after years of urgency not to feel it anymore. I expect to sleep all night tonight the 1st time in almost 10 years!!!!!!

Thanks again everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom