PROTECH ambergris caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rduncan

Registered
Reaction score
10 of us just got back from a trip to ac.when i go on a diving vacation i try to find the smaller operators because they tend to have better customer service,less people,and a more diving with your own friend feeling.protech definetly acomplished this.isreal(divemaster)and peter(instructor and owner) both accompanied us on all our dives.one day during the trip we decided to stray from protech and try ecologic just to see if we were missing anything as ecologic was one of the reccomended dive ops on this board.we were very dissapointed.the divemasters and staff were very nice but the way ecologic does there trips was just not as good.all it takes with protech is a phone call and your picked up from your dock with whatever rental gear you need and straight to the dive site and getting wet 10 minutes later.
Ecologic picked us up from our dock then took us back to there dock where we had to wait in line pay before the dive wait for some people to get there gear switch boats we must have been there over an hour.like i said the people were nice but the way everything works was just wrong for me.all in all the dive sites were great isreal took us through some spectaculor swimthroughs and the viz was awesome.
I truly do a lot of research before going on vacation and i thank this board for helping me find protech.i will be back there next year and will not be using ecologic.

R duncan
I am truly sorry you feel bad about the dive experience with our dive center. Protec is a wonderful shop but you stated the picked you up and went strait out to the dive. We Cannot do that as there is liability paperwork and fitting of the correct size of gear. I understand that can take a long time. I am sorry for that ,but sometimes when there are a lot of people (10) it does take time to fill out all the required paperwork and payments.
WE try very hard to give the best personal, professional service.
This is the first time i have had negative feedback, and i will personally bring up the issue of speeding things up at the dock. Again i am glad you enjoyed protech diving but we MUST follow standard that the dive industry have set forth.
Stephen Lee

The suggestion being that Protech didn't comply with recognised standards?

I can assure you that all requisite paperwork was completed and cards inspected before we left to go diving, and all rental gear (there was quite a lot) was satisfactorily fitted. Furthermore we discussed each diver's experience and currency before deciding which sites to take them to and how deep to go. (Not that these are required standards). We just didn't go all the way back to the dive shop to do it, but worked in a way that was convenient for the customers rather than for ourselves. What we always try to do, in fact.

Taking payment didn't slow us down either. It never does because we don't take payment until after the dives have been completed. On one of these dives in fact I didn't charge for one of the divers because he was affected by a problem with the valve on a rented tank. Not my fault but certainly not his either. That sort of thing is much more conveniently dealt with if payment is left until the end. I treat customers the way I would wish to be treated, and it doesn't feel right to demand payment before any service has been provided. So I don't do it.

I am sure protech did the appropriate paperwork, before the party went out diving. this makes the time much shorter. Also most of our guests prefer to do payments before. This way the can go directly to their resort after the dive.
We too believe in treating the guest the way we want to be treated.

Not sure what your first post was about then.

Our divers went straight back to their resort after their dives. It wasn't necessary to take them to our dive shop for them to pay us.

protech definetly acomplished this.isreal(divemaster)and peter(instructor and owner) both accompanied us on all our dives.

I've never used Eco but I have used Protech.

Agree with rduncan in all respects. Peter and Israel get it done right. Israel was our DM for a full 2 weeks and he was safe and thorough in every capacity.

When we return to Belize, it'll be Peter and Protech again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom