PST Steel 100's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lhpdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I have not been diving in 5 years - I'm getting old and I live at 5800 feet.

I have 4 - PST Steel 100's in very good condition with boots and valves. Looks like the manufacture date is 2004 and the last hydro was in 2009.

What do you think is a fair price to ask for one of these tanks ? How much does a hydro run these days ?

Thanks.

Around 200 to maybe slightly more if the hydro and vis are fresh. Hydro is usually around 20 to 25 at a hydro tester. 40 to 50 is usual for a dive shop to hydro and visual.

Prices can be somewhat regional as well. Where are you?

Cuernavaca Mexico :) (Formerly Broward Cty Fla). If we were closer to a coast I think there would be some interest...

But - there is a fire dept - and they do have a dive team. Maybe I can get the tanks hydro'd here somewhere. There are dive shops in Mexico City - about an hour away.

Oh cool, I have no idea what the hydro / viz laws and rules are there.

There is a Mexico specific forum on this site. I think I'll ask there about the rules. Thanks.

If they are US DoT tanks are they fillable in Mexico if they are not certified by the Mexican transportation agency?

Back
Top Bottom