Pt Lobos 5-10th, NO WAY!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, Mike, Breakwater was not exceptional, but not bad either, so you didn't miss much on the bay side.

Toenail slappers and nice topside conditions early (it did change), vis was murky on descent and only improved to about 15 ft at 20+ depth. But there was one cool, unusual thing: a big group of 12-16 juvenile sea lions were shadowing me and my buddy throughout our dive along the wall. They picked us up about 50 meters off the wall where we descended, and then froliced around all around us on every side. Completely curious and playful. They stayed with us like a living tableaux always looping around and playing just about a meter or two away on all sides.

What was truly weird was that the gang of young sea lions followed us back in after we turned and even stayed with us after we surfaced for the short swim in to the beach. Only when we were in waist deep water at the beach taking off our fins did they leave us and glom onto another group of students (the classes were just getting in the water then).

Hinalo,

Thanks for the mini report on BW. I feel I have regained 90 percent back of my strength and my sore throat is gone, the Z pack is magical and I still need to finish two more pills. That stuff just keeps on working. It's amazing how bed rest can make you go through so many DVD documentarys on the ocean.

Like Gombessa said, the ocean is there and it will wait for me. No need to jump back in until I feel 100 percent!!! :)

I'm just excited about trying out my drysuit since it returned from DUI, new neoprene socks and the correct sizes so I won't have bunched up material at the heals, probably one good reason one started to leak?

I guess you guys know what it's like to open your garage and see your scuba equipment dry and your drysuit in conditions that say dive me, I promise I will keep you warm, toasty and DRY!!!

Well, I hope to see some more reports from such a beautiful Sunday, the model looked so nice.

I was at Whaler's Cove Monday morning with a friend who had never dived cold before this weekend. And cold it was! But the visibility was fantastic.

We were diving poor-boy style: 7 mm wetsuits, and no boat or scooter. We returned part of the way into the cove underwater. Near the end we came across a puzzling scene: a cloud of scum seemed to be hanging near the bottom. It was only as we got closer that we could see, and have our frozen brains register, what was really going on: there were clouds of hatchlings covering the bottom. It was a neat surprise!

A very unprofessional short video of it is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gGY3HwN-WM

(Fixed - now shared).

Last edited:
Altaskier,

Thanks for sharing diving conditions for Monday, oh how I wish I would've been there...

Can you remove your video from private status so I can view it?

Thanks,

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom