Puerto Vallarta~ Dive Partners and Social

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uaflyer

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Everyone

I plan to take a DM class from sometime between 20Dec and 18Jan. (possibly longer)
Am interested in dive buddies during this time. I need some refresher, suggested dive shops to check or repair gear and rent tanks and places to take a beach dive.

Any ideas on getting a GSM card in PVR ?

Additionally, will be having several social meetings at any places suggested.
A pot luck, a few bar and cafe meets and best case a some groups of non-divers interested in lessons to Intro Scuba and Surfing. Possibly other activities.

These social intro efforts are not so much for direct business, but to get people wet and meet potential friends and build interest in the sport.

Please feel free to post any thoughts.

I think that sounds great. love pot lucks
for beach diving, there are not so many places. Mismaloya is probably the easiest to get to. About 5-10 years ago going up towards Punta de Minta had quiet a few places to do some beach diving, but now alot of that land has been purchased and do not allow access to the coast. there still is a beuatiful dive spot, hard to get to but still possible. Its called Los Careallos. its near the Four Seasons Hotel. THis particular dive spot at one time was going to be protected for it was considered one of the fastest growing coral reef in the area by jack custou, of course nothing came about it.
its not a deep dive but it is full of coral and sea life.
Los arcos is accessible by land but its kind of dangerous . not easy to get to at all. very steep trail to get down to the water.
Maybe boca, but there is alot of boat traffic there.
Most beaches in nuevo vallarta is all sand. THere is a small beach between vallarta and mismaloya has a very, very small reef. maybe one tank for 20 min. its near the bungy jump.
For repairs, fills and tank rental, there is a terrific guy who knows what he is doing and even does the repairs for the smaller dive shops gear. His name is David Paz. He has a company called air tech. He also gives classes on repair. very reliable and nice guy too.
:D

Hi,
The dates you'll be here are some of the busiest of the year. Since you want to take your Divemaster course, would you consider an internship? What is your current level of certification? You can probably finish the requirements in that month that you'll be here since you'd be diving most days.
Please contact me if you're interested and we'll talk.

Thanks everyone
Yes, some sort of Internship is what I am looking for.

I will post more on the social part of things, but for now here are places to read about it.
CouchSurfing - Mexico New Years 2007-2-2oo8 Puerto Vallarta Beach~ Cluster !: Members
Mexico New Years 2oo7-2-2oo8 Puerto Vallarta Beach~ Cluster ! - Message - Forum :) Hospitality Club

Pretty sure we will get some divers out of the bunch, as I have discovered two other DMs from the effort so far.

Will be great to meet and possibly we can all help each other somehow.

Cheers
Ken

Including Leslie, seems we will have three DMs.

I am sure we will have a pretty good mix of experienced divers and those interested.

Looking forward to seeing everyone

Ciao! Ken

I will be in PV until Jan 10.

Anyone interested in meeting up, I am about 15 mins from Old town up in the hills.

Mobile 322 160 9991

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom