Puerto Vallarta / Yelapa Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtheiss

Registered
Reaction score
I posted this yesterday in the general travel forum but thought this may be a better forum for this question. Sorry for the cross post.............

We will be staying in Yelapa during May and I really want to get in at least one day of diving. However, I understand the only dive operators are out of Puerto Vallerta which sounds like it is a bit of effort to get to PV and back and makes for a very long day. If anyone has some experiences with trying to do this and wouldn't mind sharing the logistics, recommended shops, etc. that would be much appreciated. I don't suppose any operators will pick you up in Yelapa but if so, please advise. Thanks!

-Mike

Mike,

The coast just outside Yelapa going both towards Cabo Corrientes or heading back to Vallarta has a bunch stuff to see and photograph.

Check out the Puerto Vallarta small animal dive report here in ScubaBoard

May is one of the coldest months underwater in the bay but depending on when you go this could change very fast

We will be staying in Yelapa during May and I really want to get in at least one day of diving. However, I understand the only dive operators are out of Puerto Vallerta which sounds like it is a bit of effort to get to PV and back and makes for a very long day. If anyone has some experiences with trying to do this and wouldn't mind sharing the logistics, recommended shops, etc. that would be much appreciated. I don't suppose any operators will pick you up in Yelapa but if so, please advise. Thanks!

-Mike
I would suggest contacting Alex at PVScuba (avega@pvscuba.com). He may be willing to pick you up in Yelapa if he is going to one of the sites in that vicinity.

Hi Mike,
I was going to tell you to contact Donna at laolaocean.com, but I see she's posted already. I have had great experiences diving with Donna and Alex. They know the areas well and give great personalized service - no cattleboat stuff here. I had nice long dives, and was allowed to use up my air instead of having the dive called after X amount of minutes just to accommodate some air hog. We found SO much sea life! I even rode a manta one day! She obviously loved playing with us - we (Alex and I) went for a ride and then let go -- she circled around as if to ask, "Don't you want to play anymore?" We took hold again and away we went once more. It was awesome! Anyway, I digress. But I think you can't go wrong with them - If you do go with La Ola, tell them HI from Nancy in Wisconsin.

Back
Top Bottom