Puget Sound Hunting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PugetSounder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everyone,

I'm getting certified currently (although it just got put off another month due to a business trip :11: ), and what I really want to do is spearfish and hunt crabs in Puget Sound. I'm looking for people in the Seattle area who might be willing to share their wisdom with a total rookie. (I feel like I'm posting a dating profile) - is there anyone in here who hunts the COLD Northwest? A standing offer of lunch is extended to anyone who is willing to share their expertise with this humble novice.

Thanks! -Doug

Why do you need to get certified? sorry, just a friendly poke at the scuba huntign crowd :D

there are quite a few Pacific Northwest (mostly Canadain) freedive spearos on the forums attached to the site in my sig. I'm sure they are simmilar conditions, and most of the tips&tricks can be applied to scuba as well.

Thanks to you both - I would love to get in the water BEFORE getting certified, but am guessing that won't actually happen. If there's someone who wants to go out and free-dive, I'd love to join you. -Doug

I am from Seattle and used to do scuba and freediving there.... Learned to spearfish at the Mukilteo oil docks.... Blew out my eardrum there after shooting a 40lb halibut while having the gun wrapped around my wrist like an idiot.... Lots of good times and great dives there, but it can be cold... Dry suit would surely be on my list if I still lived there. Florida is the shiznits as far as spearfishing goes.... Yeawwwww!

Christof

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom