Puget Sound - second fatality in a week ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder how the coroner knew "he had been diving alone many times" - heard from family or something, I assume.

We're a fairly tight diving community ... everybody seems to know the regulars. I imagine that just about anybody who's been diving for more than a few months would be able to tell a reporter the same about me if I were to turn up in a similar circumstance ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

---------- Post added June 19th, 2015 at 08:46 AM ----------

I wonder if this was VooDooGasMan . . .

... I think VDGM lives on Whidbey Island ... this fellow was from Everett ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I note that the report said that while he died of drowning he was known to have heart issues.

We're a fairly tight diving community ... everybody seems to know the regulars. I imagine that just about anybody who's been diving for more than a few months would be able to tell a reporter the same about me if I were to turn up in a similar circumstance ...

Looked like the coroner said it.

This diver was my father. He was certified in solo diving and carried all equipment for solo diving. He unfortunately had a heart attack which caused him to drown. According to the coroner he doubts he would have survived the heart attack if even on land. It is being listed as an accident because he was in the water but his dive gear was completely checked out by a dive shop and found to be in good working condition. It is unfortunate that there was another dive related death in the area but this one should not be chalked up to a dive accident as his death was due to natural causes.

This diver was my father. He was certified in solo diving and carried all equipment for solo diving. He unfortunately had a heart attack which caused him to drown. According to the coroner he doubts he would have survived the heart attack if even on land. It is being listed as an accident because he was in the water but his dive gear was completely checked out by a dive shop and found to be in good working condition. It is unfortunate that there was another dive related death in the area but this one should not be chalked up to a dive accident as his death was due to natural causes.

Sorry about your dad. Thanks for posting and clarifying the circumstances of his passing ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom