Pulau Weh resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am looking at Pulau Weh as well, have you had any feedback or made any decisions.
Hi Victor,

I’ve booked Lumba Lumba for one week at the end of October.
I’ve choosen this resort because it’s a dive center first (Lumba Lumba rooms can only be booked in combination with a diving package). The rooms look nice and confortable, with wifi. And I’ve read many good reports about Lumba Lumba.

I also appreciate there is a house reef in front of the dive shop.
I’ve seen an amazing video clip about it on YouTube.

A favourable point : the email I received from Lumba Lumba was very exhaustive, with a lot of information regarding accomodation, diving, fare, restaurant and money matters.

Two more things.
A good news : It’s now possible to get a 30 day Visa-on-Arrival at Banda Aceh Airport, for those like me arriving from Kuala Lumpur.
A bad news : from August 2010 there is an additional 10 % Local Government tax on the accommodation…

I’ve booked Lumba Lumba for one week at the end of October.
I’ve choosen this resort because it’s a dive center first (Lumba Lumba rooms can only be booked in combination with a diving package). The rooms look nice and confortable, with wifi. And I’ve read many good reports about Lumba Lumba.
We are headed to Pulau Weh in late-April. I am anxious to hear how your trip went.

I emailed Lumba Lumba but they have not replied to my email.

Bonjour Emmanuel,

I was in Pulau Weh in 1998...Lumba Lumba was already there and I had a fantastic time diving with them. They know the area like there pocket. At the time there wasn't much choice regarding accommodation & restaurant on Gapang Bay and I believe that after the Tsunami they started to rebuild much nicer places. As long as you have a fan in your room I would say it is enough.
Bring your own mosquito repellent and long sleeves if mosquitos like you.
Gapang beach is a lovely and relaxing place, so I would not let a non a/c room stop you.
Enjoy the diving there, it is quite amazing. If you get the chance and if you have the experience, ask to dive the Sophie Rickmers Wreck :) and don't miss the night dives, they are incredible.

Bonne plongee!

I was in Pulau Weh in 1998...Lumba Lumba was already there and I had a fantastic time diving with them. They know the area like there pocket. At the time there wasn't much choice regarding accommodation & restaurant on Gapang Bay and I believe that after the Tsunami they started to rebuild much nicer places. As long as you have a fan in your room I would say it is enough.
Gapang beach is a lovely and relaxing place, so I would not let a non a/c room stop you.
Thanks for the tip. We're really looking forward to the trip - 22 April. I emailed Lumba Lumba again so I hope they can find time to reply soon, as I'd like to get the planning finalized.

I am surprised about that.
It was a great place and I would defintly recommend it.
Mama Donut even supplies great snacks post dive.

PS-P1010739-2.jpg

PS-P1010586-1.jpg

PS-P1010415.jpg

Weather was not great but the diving and the people more than made up for it.
I would recommend it.

We are headed to Pulau Weh in late-April. I am anxious to hear how your trip went.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've had no internet acces.
I've just discovered your posts today.

@ Scuba Dive Asia
Enjoy the diving there, it is quite amazing.

I spent 10 days there in last october with Lumba Lumba and it was great.
I did'nt have any problems regarding mosquitos.
There were a fan, mosquito coils and electrical mosquito devices in the room. I used a repellent lotion and long sleeves to protect me from mosquitos outside.

I enjoyed my stay in Pulau Island : gorgeous dives, nice people, cool atmosphere.

I'm afraid I won't write any trip report because my English is not good enough.
I will post soon a report on my dives at Pulau Island in a French forum (Plongeur.com).
As I can see, you speak French...:)

@ StanleyCup

I am very surprised about that too. :surprised
Lumba Lumba is a serious dive center and I recommend it.
I hope you will succeeed in making contact with them.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay at Pulau Weh.
At Lumba Lumba, I met a French instructor that writes his blog in both English and French :
Pulau Weh, Indonesia | FanAquatic
He left Pulau Weh at the end of 2010, but don't hesitate to contact him if you need. He speaks English very well.

@ victor
Mama Donut even supplies great snacks post dive.

Absolutely. The Mama Donut's cakes and nems are delicious ! Don't miss them.
Bravo for your pictures. It reminds me of excellent memories. :fish:

I enjoyed my stay in Pulau Island
Sorry to be picky : it's either "Pulau Weh" or "Weh island" ...otherwise it's like saying "island island". Pulau in bahasa translates into island... :wink:

Sorry to be picky : it's either "Pulau Weh" or "Weh island" ...otherwise it's like saying "island island". Pulau in bahasa translates into island... :wink:

You're absolutely right, Luko.
Thanks for the correction. :thumbs_up:

My own photographic view from below, pls leave a comment, good or bad, your choice
Bravo for the amazing shots of your gallery.
C'est magnifique :clapping:

Bravo for the amazing shots of your gallery.
C'est magnifique :clapping:
cinquiou Emmanuel... :japanese:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom