Punta Cana that depressing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going in January of 2006 and am hoping it's better than what I'm seeing. I dove Byahibe and I liked it.

Can anybody give me info on weather condition in Santo Domingo in October-November?
Probability of showers? Wind? .... hurricanes?

thnx

ciao

ukdiver:
Can anyone who has been to Punta Cana cheer me up? All the reviews I have read said it is the pits. My wife and I are going in April and after reading most of the threads I am thinking of cancelling the trip. The most important question I have is do you feel safe when walking around?
Hope someone can help, Thanks Ukdiver
Iwent to Puerto Plata years ago on a cruise ship. It sucked so bad that I just turned down a free trip there this week. Cheap is not always good. Just my 2 cents!

It's a-l-i-v-e !!!

983 days. 12 posts. Gotta be some kind of record.

RoatanMan:
It's a-l-i-v-e !!!

983 days. 12 posts. Gotta be some kind of record.

Make it 13! If I can help someone go someplace else that would be a victory in itself. I am sure there are wonderful compounds there for people who like to cruise without the ship. Don't forget to buy a ship made out of cow horns while you are there. It will look good in the attic. Let's keep it going. Anyone for 14?????Gotta love this place.

The diving in around the resorts isn't great. Very shallow and poor visibility due to onshore winds. However, the day trip to Isla Catalina is good diving. There's an artificial reef (shipwreck) and an 80m wall dive that was worth the trip.

You'll find info about it here http://www.puntacana-information-guide.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom