Purchasing this setup...thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW! is right. Dude, No joke if I was an LDS, I would love you. For the amount you are going to cough up on that...just drive to Extreme-exposure, and as far as the Regs..everyone is right, thats just a $^&* load of money.

In addition to what's already been said, unless you're really sure you want to dive doubles with your BC, the Zeagle Stiletto or Brigade (available at Scubatoys) is a better choice for most people.

Let's see. A Zeagle Stiletto BC, a Zeagle Flathead VI reg with Envoy octo, and Oceanic 2 gauge console... comes to $1,208.35 + shipping at Scubatoys. That's about half what that shop was going to charge for a similar package. Of course, that doesn't include an Atomic T2 reg, but the T2 won't do anything the Zeagle can't do for a lot less.

Something else to think about: it sounds like that shop was trying to take advantage of you. Maybe these aren't the kind of people you need to deal with anyway... Just a thought.

___

Gee... Sticking to my word.... I'm willing to match that price! :wink: I can't ship atomic... but for that price, I can also afford to fly you to my shop and back to pick it up!

LOL

Ok, I have really changed my rig thoughts some. I have ditched the T2, but I want to keep Atomic regs (i.e. Z2 with Z1 octo)

I have used the ranger before I really like the way it feels and the ability to use doubles with it. And I was getting the Dive Rite gauges.

Comes to 1400 which is far better. I am probably still over paying, but does this seem like a more reasonable price. Remember that I am supporting LDS.

Rob

Remember Atomic costs more to service and parts not as common in exotic destinations.....other than that, a great reg. My BF loves his ranger, I tried to sell him on halcyon but he was not buyin' it. if you travel, I would pick up the overhaul kit and keep handy.

Back
Top Bottom