Qualities of Equipment Manufacturers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks BUT ULTIMATELY, from what I'm reading from responses, it comes down to fit and personal preferences. A Oceanic BCD with a Sherwood Reg, Aeris Mask/Fins and Tusa computer (brands selected at random) could potentially be just as great as buying the full Scuba Pro package, depending on personal factors. Right?

Absolutely right.

Scubapro still makes parts for every regulator they ever made and in fact they use the same parts from some of the old models in the newer models just with different part numbers.

This should cost you little more then a standard overhaul would.

My first new reg set purchase was an SP MK14 / R190, and from what I see locally I can buy a used rental SP reg set, with alternate and gauges, for only a little more than the rebuild of my old reg set, and the used rental set would likely be newer / better regs.

My first set of gear was a combination of used and "very" inexpensive new. My total cost in today's dollars was probably $500. My set of gear now (27 years later) cost me about $8,000. You can buy a bottle of wine for $3 or you can buy one for $300. You can drink either one and get the same buzz. For some of us, the "little" extra smoothness and taste that the $300 bottle gives us is worth the "substantial" extra cost. I suppose many things in life are that way. There is a ton of great advice in this thread. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom