Quarry Diving ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ingreevox:
sounds like a cool place oronogo, i would actually like to visit.

cool? it was downright cold when i dove there last summer.

yeah, 82 degrees on the surface, but it was 50 degrees at 80 feet. did a good 45 min dive in a 3mm before tappin out.

it is an interesting place. the center is DEEP, i think about 250 feet. and there are a couple spots where tek cert is required to dive.

I'm usually blowing bubbles somewhere every weekend. If you plan on being down in Rolla, let me know if you need a dive buddy. I'll be more than happy to go.

Just for the record, I have hit 46 foot in the hole at Quail Run.

Hi
I appreciate the information on diving in Missouri. I have dove Bull Shoals. Thought about doing Bonne Terre, but sounded kinda of expensive.

grumpygrouper:
Hi
I appreciate the information on diving in Missouri. I have dove Bull Shoals. Thought about doing Bonne Terre, but sounded kinda of expensive.

It is expensive, but worth trying at least once. I wont go back there until the winter time though, when nobody else will dive outdoors, and that will be only bubble blowing venue.

Hallmac:
If you are in Central Missouri you are probable looking for Captain John's Blue Water Park in Ornogo Missouri. It is just a couple of miles north of Web City and Joplin. If you want to send me a PM I can give you directions and a map of the quarry via e-mail

Hallmac
Would you please send me directions and map of quarry.

Thank you

Glenn

Diverbob,

Gonna check this place out real soon... like late Aug/Sep. I'll send you a msg. to see if you're available to go perhaps.

I'll be more than happy to give it a go as long as I am able to. Hopefully I will be doing my rescue diver class real soon, and I also plan on going Mermet on the 28th with the group from Midwest scuba.

To the best of my knowledge, Blackwater has been closed down for a loooong time, I made a few dives there back around 1984 (aprox, it's been so long I forgot!). It was a pretty cool place to dive but my understanding is, it was closed due to insurance issues (I heard a diver died there). This is all second (third, fourth, whatever) hand information except for the dive so who knows!

Good Diving,
Mike

jmoore73:
I live in the St. Louis area and are familiar with a couple of quarries/state parks that are diveable.

Quail run quarry in Rolla, MO. - 25 ft. with 8 - 15 ft. vis
Bonne Terre mine
st. joe state park
johnson's shut-ins state park - Was just there recently and the water is way down.
I have heard of blackwater from local dive shop in Columbia, Mo. He told me it was very cold and is a good summer dive.

I was wondering if knew of a place called the "offsets" I went there about 6 years ago and all i remember was that it was by farmington missouri. mabey it was bonne terre mine, iif so is it still open?

Back
Top Bottom