Quarry question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay_SMART_Diver:
Sounds kind've like the Blue Lagoon outside Huntsville. It's an old limestone Quarry and the water is very alkaline and had a funny metallic taste. Sounds similar, what kind of quarry was it?
We ahve limestone quarries her in Ky and the water has a kind of sweet taste to it as opposed to a metallic taste. If someone tries the clorox test that Hank49 mentioned it would be interesting to here the results.

freediver:
heehee, it's in Texas. It's on an elderly lady's property and I swore on my secret decoder ring that I would keep it secret.

Dee asks you a straight up question and that is your reply?
Did you not ask the board a question wanting a straight answer.
So the way I see it is, you want us to do for you, but you do not want to do for us.

Dave

Teknadv3x:
Dee asks you a straight up question and that is your reply?
Did you not ask the board a question wanting a straight answer.

Dave
Thanks to Dee and Hank49 for the responses. Teknavdv3x, if you look at the original post, I was asking for what may be the cause of a metallic taste and I was specifically asking Archman. This could have been answered REGARDLESS of the location. The simple fact of the matter is that it is none of your business where the location is. If you know what may cause metallic tasting water, simply place the text in the post and be done with it! If you have nothing constructive to post then stay out.
Teknadv3x:
So the way I see it is, you want us to do for you, but you do not want to do for us.

Dave
What the heck is this supposed to mean? Are you with the mafia, just what do you want me to do for you?

freediver:
Thanks to Dee and Hank49 for the responses. Teknavdv3x, if you look at the original post, I was asking for what may be the cause of a metallic taste and I was specifically asking Archman.
What the heck is this supposed to mean? Are you with the mafia, just what do you want me to do for you?

Then why did you not just PM Archman and ask him , if that was the case??

Share the location with others and not be a smarty pants and say wouldn't you like to know HeHeHe it is in my decoder ring as you did in a previous post to Dee.

You remind me of a story I once heard about a Elementary PE teacher who has a ice cream cone and walks into his class eating it and he starts singing I have ice cream
and you don't NaNaNA NaNa Na

Dave

Teknadv3x:
Then why did you not just PM Archman and ask him , if that was the case??

Share the location with others and not be a smarty pants and say wouldn't you like to know HeHeHe it is in my decoder ring as you did in a previous post to Dee.

You remind me of a story I once heard about a Elementary PE teacher who has a ice cream cone and walks into his class eating it and he starts singing I have ice cream
and you don't NaNaNA NaNa Na

Dave
I was hoping to get some constructive responses from others but specifically Archman and I don't really have the inclination to PM 37,000 board members, thus I post here. I still don't see the significance in location with the original question. If the soil or terrain would greatly influence the taste then by all means, tell me this. If the taste is specific to the region and could possibly be due to the minerals found in that region, then I would love to hear it.
Strangely enough, I AM an elementary PE teacher but I don't eat ice cream. It isn't approved by the district as a nutritious snack alternative. You know, if you're not careful where you walk, you might just step into a pile of humor from time to time.
Just curious though, are you more interested in why the water tastes metallic or the location of the quarry?

Alright guys....let's keep it civil here. You guys quit jabbing at each other and no personal attacks or I'll close this thread altogether.

Freediver...if you wanted an answer specifically from Archman only, you should have PM'd him. That doesn't involve the other 37,231 members on the board.. We would be happy to give you constructive information but we needed more information. We couldn't care less where your mysterious new find is, just trying to be helpful and give you answers to your questions.
If the soil or terrain would greatly influence the taste then by all means, tell me this. If the taste is specific to the region and could possibly be due to the minerals found in that region, then I would love to hear it.
I think that's what we all tried to tell you.

Freediver, the question was answered but apparently not to your satisfaction so I suggest you ask elsewhere.

freediver:
Just curious though, are you more interested in why the water tastes metallic or the location of the quarry?

To be honest I would love to find a body of water in Texas with excess of 150' not to far from Houston that would be great. I have to go to Lake Travis to accomplish that as of now. For what ever it is worth, you could blinfold me and one of my team members, so we would not know the location. I just want to dive, thats all.

Peace
Dave

Teknadv3x:
To be honest I would love to find a body of water in Texas with excess of 150' not to far from Houston that would be great. I have to go to Lake Travis to accomplish that as of now. For what ever it is worth, you could blinfold me and one of my team members, so we would not know the location. I just want to dive, thats all.

Peace
Dave
heehee, tell you what, I'll see if I can talk with this lady and maybe have you dive it. Sorry to be so cryptic but it is on her property and she already has people swimming and four wheeling over the area. C'mon Dave, you know it's unsafe to drive blindfolded. :wink:

I would think an elementary school science teacher could tell you how to find out.
First what is the dry land like?
Then what was dug out of this hole your diving in.
But if I could guess I would say iron ore might be what was there.

take a soil sample and a water sample to a lab.

freediver:
heehee, tell you what, I'll see if I can talk with this lady and maybe have you dive it. Sorry to be so cryptic but it is on her property and she already has people swimming and four wheeling over the area. C'mon Dave, you know it's unsafe to drive blindfolded. :wink:

Keep me posted.
Question is there fish in the quarry?

Thanks in advance
Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom