Queen Anne's revenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok the Australian must dive this :D

I am serious :D

This would truly be an amazing dive. To dive a part of history and be engulfed in it.

This is why people dive.

Love it.

Awesome. Thanks for all your help. The site I was looking at didn't have any interesting pictures. While that definitely sounds like a memorable dive experience, it's a bit out of my price range. :wink: Maybe some day (or when I finally realize I want to be an underwater archaeologist...)
I'm taking a pirates class right now and we have to do a final project of some sort. Since I'm not artistic, I was hoping to work scuba diving into my project some how (any chance to dive!). So, if I can find a pirate related wreck of some sort or any semblance of a pirate wreck somewhere in Florida to dive and take pictures of, then I can report and show the pictures for my project. So, if you know any good wrecks for me to dive when I go home to Orlando for Thanksgiving, let me know. :wink:

Lee, I could be wrong but I am not aware of George having done any retrievals of any artifacts from the QAR. He did assist in taking divers to the sight for the Dive Down project. Unfortunately, he was doing just that on the day he collapsed on board the Olympus, but I think the only ones who have raised artifacts are the archaeologists from the Division of Archives and History.

I agree Lee...He was so very involved. To think of his dedication and contribution to diving is an inspiration for us all. His presence is sorely missed.

Just today my dad called me and told me that in the Diver Training magazine, there is an article regarding the DiveDown program on the QAR. He gave me the information from the magazine and I immediately looked it up online. We are calling on Monday to ask the questions that we have and to put down our deposit. I am ready to jump out of my skin!

I personally am trying to make changes in my life to do things that I love to do while I am still young (yes...only 26). I have applied to ECU for their Masters in Maritime Studies program and now because of this information, my father and I both are meeting with our SSI dive instructor this week to work out a plan to make sure that we will reach the Advanced Open Water diver certification in time to go.

I absolutely cannot wait to go on this dive. We are hoping to be going in August (the one that is not sold out, as I know that there are two trips and one is sold out already). We are also planning to dive on the Sherman (we were supposed to last year but tropical storm hannah, I think it was, had other plans) in June. With all of the education that we will receive the QAR dive, I do believe that it will take the cake :)

I grew up in Morehead, and wish I was still there so I could dive the site. Maybe I'll get back there one of these summers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom