Question about an AKONA backpack bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hnladue:
I have the akona roller bag and have yet to be on a boat it doesn't fit on! I can always slide it under the benches and I take up less room then those who bring rubbermaid containers! Me: 1 bag, most others:3-4 bags/boxes EACH.
I agree,I havent been on a boat out here that most people dont have one or one like it.great bag

hnladue:
I have the akona roller bag and have yet to be on a boat it doesn't fit on! I can always slide it under the benches and I take up less room then those who bring rubbermaid containers! Me: 1 bag, most others:3-4 bags/boxes EACH.

I agree, to a point, that roller bags are nice, and many boat divers have them. However, I've been on a couple of six packs where divers show up with roller bags, and the cap'n makes them unpack their gear on the boat and leave the bags on dry land. Just sayin', is all.

If you don't know for sure, then at least check before you show up at a boat with a mondo bag. Save everyone a lot of trouble. Obviously this is going to depend on the boat and the trip.

saintsfan:
I agree,I havent been on a boat out here that most people dont have one or one like it.great bag

There is often room....and its smaller than a rubbermaid container, but I can't count the number of times my gear gets shoved two tanks down because the person wants their rollerbag right underneath their tank.

If you bring one on, unload your hear and stow it on the bow or whereever the crew suggests. I got tired of having to do just that, so now I just put my tank on the BCD and bring a collapsable mesh bag with everything else.

Went not diving locally, I use my Pelican case....and leave it in the room.

I too have an Akona bag and it's just fine except for one thing. It's clearly marked AKONA which I think is Hawaiian or something for STEAL ME I'M LOADED WITH EXPENSIVE DIVE GEAR. I was worried about that, and I kid you not my bag went missing the first and only time I used it.I did get it back eventually but now I'm too freaked out to use it. I went out and after a little looking around bought a roller suitcase thats at least as strong for less money and it doesn't look like it has 6K in it. My 2 cents worth.

I've got a rollerbag. I've brought it on boats, but won't be doing so again, because of reasons mentioned above. It is a really nice bag, though I'm concerned about theft potential. It's heavy though, even sans gear.

I used it on a trip to Louisiana as a suitcase and no one broke into it, nor did the bag go missing, but I like it a lot. I tore my mesh bag because I'm an idiot, so I think I'll grab another for boat diving.

Back
Top Bottom