Question about backplate and wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try it with out one?

I have never liked the crotch strap either.
I don't own a scooter so I don't wear one. My back plate is stable, doesn't ride up so my conclusion is I don't need one.

This is likely not per DIR procedures, but it does comply with WFM (works for me)

Mike D
:blfish:

Thanks a million Dee. It's great to have somewhere to go where I can ask questions about dive terms I don't understand. By the way I love your photo gallery, I have only ever been diving in Ireland ( which I love ) so its great to see what else is out there.
Looking forward to seeing more photos.

My wife has never complained about the crotch strap, in fact she hasn't complained about the BP/wings at all, she loves it. Maybe I can get her to post her experiences with the BP/wings.

My husband bought me a backplate & wings before I ever did a dive after being certified. He got my backplate specially made because I'm only 5 ft. tall and very short-waisted. I love it. Of course I've never really been diving with anything else. When I was certified last summer, I was wearing a bc. I didn't like it because the shoulders floated up around my ears. Very uncomfortable and irritating! I tried on several different brands of bc's but because of my size, if it fit thru the bust, it was too big in the shoulders. Try it, you'll like it! Oh, and I don't even notice the crotch strap is there either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom